Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sock Sucker..Boat Dock Pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dirty Sock Sucker..Boat Dock Pics

I hate a liar. My boat dock man let me down. He lied to me and Brenda about a lot of stuff. Let me say that 95 percent of the dock was finished and is very well constructed. I guess this is what shocks me so much.
    The last 5-10 % part of the dock has crappy welding and wiring is hazardous. This is why I was asking questions about wiring codes.

The boat dock man is the so called lift "dealer" in this area so I gave him money to order it. These are custom built and are paid for up front. It takes about a week to build and few days to deliver. At this time, I had no reason not to believe the man. After 3 weeks I started calling the dock man. He would not answer or when he did he blamed the dock company or said it was on its way. Just lying. After 4 weeks past and no lift, I called the Lift Company to see what the holdup was. I was surprised. No dock lift ordered. Seemed he hadn't paid for some he had ordered back in June either. That's what the lift salesman told me. It has been over 8 weeks now. No lift, no phone call return, no response from a certified letter. He has gone underground just like a snake.

Up until today I have been more than patient and haven't been mean to the man and have given him plenty of time to respond to try to work things out. Like return my money.

Here a a few pictures. Judge for yourself. Im 70 years old and he is 45. I am calling him out to duel. Come on out and face me off you weasel.

Take a look at these pictures and you will see why I am pi$$ed. Someone could really get killed with that wiring. The wire snagged and stretched as lake went down. Tripped the circuit breaker. I wasn't there. Look at the welds. Crap.

Boat Dock pictures by Tlewis38344 - Photobucket
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, hope the situation gets better for you. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know much about dock building, but I can tell really terrible work when I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

ouch tom......sorry to see that.........

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about your dock cp, seems to be harder to get people to stand behind their work all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate that for you.Hope he gets his.Sounds like a con man.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Dock Pics

I use to be a nuclear welder, and I must say that is the worst welds I've ever seen. They must have hired a kid off the street as a welder.
    Another thing Tom, I think he must have to have a certified welder for that line of work. That is not a certified welder's work, that is someone that don't know
    sheet from thin pancake syrup. A dam monkey could weld better than that. Check on his certified welder, he's not up on the codes.

If you need help, let me know, and you me and Pete will put on some wrestling tights and kick the crack out of his sorry ass.

From parts unknown.....crappie cowboy
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 12-05-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

call your nearest tv station and let them do a story on it! bet you'll get something done then!
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I also have been welding for over 35 yrs, lots of work at KSC, certified many times.
    "THAT" is "NOT" the work of a welder, certified or not !
    Whoever did that chit is a "learner", and a poor one at that.
    No decent person would try to pass that off as a finished product !
    You been scammed by a snake for sure ! !
    Sorry bout your loss......
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some pretty bad looking welds. What always gets me is it takes so much more time to have to redo someones mess I use to do a little welding on space flight hardware & they would test the hell out of it, I wish i lived a little closer so i could try to get it straightend out for you. It can be fixed just grind off all the eyesore & start all over. I,ve seen children run better beads than that Hope you get it fixed soon good luck.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast