Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any carpet men out there?

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any carpet men out there?

I just finished up a project screening in my carport. Had some carpet that came out of our showroom at work. It isn't outdoor carpet but a heavy industrial grade I was going to use as long as it would last & then do something different. It is wrinkled up bad from being rolled, folded, & moved around for several months plus outside in the cold. Anything I can do to help straighten it out? Thanks
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

Roll it out as flat as you can and steam it. If you are stretching it over a pad the wrinkles will come out, but the crush marks will remain. You can steam those out though. If you were going to glue it, it will be difficult to get the wrinkles down unless you steam it first. Loose lay is out of the question.

Post Thanks / Like

Im guessing it is glue down coming out of a showroom. Which would be harder to lay down. You could glue it and roll it out with a heavy roller or put down tact strips and stretch it.I put down some of the same type carpet in my sons rent trailer last year looked pretty bad in places i took my nail gun and shot some nails in it just for the heck of it worked pretty good though
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya