Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boating ramp etiquette,...what agrivates you most about other boaters?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Boating ramp etiquette,...what agrivates you most about other boaters?

This ought to be a fun topic. When you are at the boat ramp getting ready to launch,what is it that agrivates you the most about other boaters?I'll start off by saying that the one thing that really bugs the heck out of me is when you see pleaure boaters taking up space at the ramp loading gear,coolers,and
    whatever else they are taking along without regard to other boaters. Then they take that same amount of time,...however long that is,...to load the boat back on the trailer and unload their gear. Have you ever seen times when pleasure boaters will park on the ramp at,..say a 45 degree angle,...
    and take up not just one,...BUT TWO,...spaces on the ramp? I have!

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Alabama, I have had good luck at the ramp. More than once, I have had people park my truck for me, when I was fishing alone. Have had them hold my boat and even ask if I wanted to join them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcfillingham View Post
    Here in Alabama, I have had good luck at the ramp. More than once, I have had people park my truck for me, when I was fishing alone. Have had them hold my boat and even ask if I wanted to join them.
    I have met some people that way up here,too,...but most of the time you have rude boaters taking their sweet time on the ramp getting ready to launch when you have several boaters waiting in line to launch or load up
    after a day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll try to make this as short as possible, but I just couldn’t believe it.
    Wife and I were fishing the back of a cove all morning across from the ramps (6 slips), when we came out, I noticed a bass boat sitting in one of the slips unattended, naturally I assumed the guy was solo and parking his vehicle. We went up river and fished for about 20 min. then decided to move to a spot down past the ramp, when we went by the ramp the boat was still there unattended but there a couple people loading/unloading in the available slips., I thought that was kind of odd that the boat was still there. We fished probably 20 to 30more minutes and decided to call it quits for the day and headed back to the ramp, when we got there all the slips were being used and that one bass boat was still there. As we were waiting for one to come available, this guy drives up in a truck and parks illegally in the grass, close to the ramp. He gets out with a freaking McDonalds bag and drink and walks down to the ramps and gets in the boat that has been unattended for close to an hour at least! This fool had driven into town and got some dang lunch and left his boat occupying one of the ramps!……I about blew and fuse
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from bama as well and i always ask a fellow fisherman if they need help if there by them selfs the other day me and the wife was coming in from a trip and a guy was by him self and had launched his boat already told him i had some crappie if he wonted it and he said OK I went to get the truck to load my boat and told him the wife would get them out of the live well.Well as i was backing the trailer down the ramp he took off and i ask the wife was he coming back she didn't know but as we watched him go out of site i told her he forgot about his truck that was still at the ramp trailer still in the water so I jumped in and moved his truck and put the keys in the floor board I wondered all night when it popped in his head that he forgot his truck.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

What you said in the first post is my biggest grip!There is no excuse for being that rude period!I pull up to the ramp out of the way and prep my boat(tie downs rod holders seat peds. ect) then I wait my turn to launch.What is wrong with people that they tie up a ramp to prep there boat .First thing they never seem to be in a hurry so why not pull out of every one 's way and get there stuff ready,Second ,don't you have any manners,what the h---.This gets under my skin deep!!!!!!!!!!!!
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

when people sit in line waiting to launch and back halfway down the ramp and stop to prep boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a new boater..

My biggest gripe is people that bitch about every little thing but don't bother trying to teach or help.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've asked more than one bass fisherman if they'd mind pulling up out of the way so I could load/unload. Seems some thinks it's OK to trailer their boat and pull up on the ramp until their boat comes out of the water. Then they stop and begin wiping all the film from the water off their hull ON THE RAMP! Usually I'm not in any hurry and can take seeing quite a bit on the ramps, some even pretty comical, but there's a few that just dont have any respect for others.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not run into that problem at the ramps i use, i make sure i have everything i need and want in the boat before i leave home and once i get to the ramp i try and put it in the water as quick as i can. And when i load it at the end of the day i get the boat on the trailer and just pull out, and do all the straping down and empting the live well out and all that other stuff once i get off the ramp area.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast