Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question for all of you

Post Thanks / Like

Question question for all of you

Does anyone think we should be fighting a war against filthy somali pirates that routinely attack our merchant ships in International waters instead of a war against goat herders in the middle east mountains? Story below to me demonstrates a real threat with a real enemy who is pushing our buttons. But on this issue, we'll go with the UN and the EU and their failed attempts to protect our mariners and merchants. Something tells me that our navy would have little trouble with these rodents as thay demonstrated the first time the Maersk Alabama was hijacked.

Somali Pirates Attack U.S.-Flagged Ship Again - Africa - FOXNews.com
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

First off I think that we should send out a memo to the entire world that we will no longer be the police nor the big brother nor the moneybags to any country other than our own. We should bring home all of our troops and station them on our own borders. We should let it be known that any acts of terrorism, piracy, etc against US citizens or territory will be met with immediate and severe consequences. If a terrorist commits an act against US citizens and is known to be hiding in any country, the powers that be of said country will be given 30 days to find him and allow us to extradite to this country where he will be tried under our laws. After that time period we will begin military action in said country to locate said terrorist using any methods available. Don't like it? Sucks for you. You had your chance. We will no longer provide military advisers nor funding for any country other than our own. You want to fight amongst yourselves? Go ahead, but be aware of the previous statements when you do with regard to US citizens or territory.
    Sounds harsh huh? Well it's time the USA grew back some brass ones and did what was best for the USA. Selfish? Sure is. We are not the keeper of the entire world. If you can't take care of yourselves, then don't start any crap. Our reliance on foreign products needs to come to a screeching halt. If we need to purchase their products then we are doing it wrong. If we WANT to, that's a different story. Want to gouge us on the price of oil? Fine, grain just went up to compensate. Aww, you're starving? Bummer, trade ya some cheap grain for some cheap oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E" View Post
    Does anyone think we should be fighting a war against filthy somali pirates that routinely attack our merchant ships in International waters instead of a war against goat herders in the middle east mountains?

No reason we can't do both. The reason we went into Afghanistan to begin with is that the "goat herders" were providing a base of operations to bin Laden. They'd do it again in a heartbeat if we pulled out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post
    we should send out a memo to the entire world that we will no longer be the police nor the big brother nor the moneybags to any country other than our own. We should bring home all of our troops and station them on our own borders. We should let it be known that any acts of terrorism, piracy, etc against US citizens or territory will be met with immediate and severe consequences.

Good ideas, but they have no chance with the current administration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    No reason we can't do both. The reason we went into Afghanistan to begin with is that the "goat herders" were providing a base of operations to bin Laden. They'd do it again in a heartbeat if we pulled out.
    Lets re-visit the past then shall we? The same goat herders were there fighting the russians for us with american made weapons. The same american made weapons that they shoot at us with now. What exactly are we trying to accomplish? If the goal is to catch one man, then the 100,000 strong game is not the way and we all know it. Three seals like with the pirates the last time they messed with the alabama. Silent, secret, you know what I mean. This is political grand standing by occupying these places that have nothing to do with us.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

the 100,000 strong game is not the way and we all know it.

General McChrystal disagrees with you.

Post Thanks / Like

And the real trouble started when Winston Churchill stood before parliment and the press and stated, "The United Kingdom can no longer be the police of the world." That is when the United States made it's biggest mistake by saying 2 words...."We can.'
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver View Post
    And the real trouble started when Winston Churchill stood before parliment and the press and stated, "The United Kingdom can no longer be the police of the world." That is when the United States made it's biggest mistake by saying 2 words...."We can.'
    Yes we can. Sound familiar?

We need to resurrect McArthur.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets re-visit the past then shall we? The same goat herders were there fighting the russians for us with american made weapons. The same american made weapons that they shoot at us with now. What exactly are we trying to accomplish? If the goal is to catch one man, then the 100,000 strong game is not the way and we all know it. Three seals like with the pirates the last time they messed with the alabama. Silent, secret, you know what I mean. This is political grand standing by occupying these places that have nothing to do with us.
    "E", read Charlie Wilson's War and some of your questions will be answered as to why we were there...& how we first got there...

The movie is also pretty good..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Out of that bunch of goat herders came the bunch that slipped in from other Arab countries and masterminded a close to simultaneous attack using our own jet liners as missiles. Not too bad for a bunch of cavemen. We can't let them just start over again. We can't afford to let them do it because next time it will be worse. The worst thing that can happen is for people to start to forget about 911 but that very thing is happening. If We stop now, Then everyone of those people in those buildings that died, died for nothing. We have to finish it. But We are not handling it very well right now and someone needs to get the ball rolling on finishing the job and bringing our folks home before they all get ruined. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast