Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: To My Fellow Jig Tyers

Post Thanks / Like

Default To My Fellow Jig Tyers

I just read my response to AW's "Jig Swap Issues" post, and I cracked myself up in a bad way :o, so I'm going to re-post it here :D Dad always told me I ain't right

To my fellow jig tyers,

Since I'm around a computer all the time, having to check e-mails, staying in touch with classmates, checking for assignments, grades, and other class info, looking at OSU schedules, deadlines, looking up information pertaining to class curriculum, and logging on to Crappie.com dozens of times a day to give my mind a break from reading and studying and thinking about parallels and aspects that could be analyzed and written about, I obviously have an unfair advantage over the rest of you at checking posts.

That being said, since my jigs are only good for catching dinks and hanging up in brush, getting wrapped around limbs, stuck on rocks, and lost because a knot went bad, and because for me, these swaps are merely for recreation, idea sharing, and connecting with people around the country who share an interest in the greatest hobby/means of catching fish ever thought of, and because "I know bout everything they is to know 'bout da tyin' business" (Bubba Blue), and because people out there want to participate in swaps a lot more than I do, I solemnly pledge to GUARANTEE ONE SPOT TO EVERY SWAP by NOT PARTICIPATING in any more swap AFTER Saline Lake Jigs' THANKSGIVING SWAP. In this season of Thanks, I want to Give somethIng back to a great bunch of people, so one spot will be guaranteed.

Your friend and fellow jig tyer,

O. S. Jiggy, Esq.

:p:D:rolleyes:
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunatley I don't think you will be the only one to come to this conclussion... makes me wonder how many others will pull out to avoid the controversy. (sp?) I am in the same boat where c.c is recreation and a time killer at work and I get on here more than what is prob. considered healthy! HaHa

I do like some of the jigs I've seen you post... someday (next spring?) maybe we can do a personal swap with jigs and flies. Just don't retire from c.c altogether!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I can't give up C.c.... can a junkie give up his dope? :D I just don't take these swaps that seriously and would rather let people in on them that want them more
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Jiggin_Joe is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

hey state DONT BAIL BECAUSE OF A SNAIL I mean hey ya snooze ya lose i think swap can be more then 15 guys though I mean really does it take that long to tie 25 jigs? anyway there is alot of interest in these swaps which is great and yeah there does have to be a cut off somewhere. what i think could be done is some guys like micros some guys like hair some guys like chenille marabou so maybe there can be 3 running at one time just grab the next 3 swapmiesters and have them all start one at same time then anyone can pick what one they want to do.

just a idea but hey dont just not do em

JJ
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jokerpoker/logo.jpg

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I give lots of mine away anyway. I fished a few tourneys and don't get the thrill some guys do. Guess I don't have that competitive drive maybe. Limited time off is a big concern. If I ever post any jig you really like, just ask and we'll do a personal swap, or I'll just send ya a couple. This occupies my time and my mind and I'm meeting a new circle of friends with the same interests. Reward enough. I would like to see some of what is swapped sometime if it doesn't mess up the works.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggin_Joe View Post
    hey state DONT BAIL BECAUSE OF A SNAIL I mean hey ya snooze ya lose i think swap can be more then 15 guys though I mean really does it take that long to tie 25 jigs? anyway there is alot of interest in these swaps which is great and yeah there does have to be a cut off somewhere. what i think could be done is some guys like micros some guys like hair some guys like chenille marabou so maybe there can be 3 running at one time just grab the next 3 swapmiesters and have them all start one at same time then anyone can pick what one they want to do.

just a idea but hey dont just not do em

JJ
    Hey Jiggin Joe I think you have a good idea. That sounds like a great way for everyone to get in on a swap. I didnt make it in but that the way things go I thought. I wasnt fast enough and I had looked at the post really early but was thinking about it if I was ready to get in another swap with other 700 things that I dont have done. then I put Im In and I was to late. I said well Snooze you Loose.

Not a big deal for me just finished up being in the panfish swap and had a great time waiting and will be looking in the mail box next week for them so I can go and give them a try.

I will be getting into more swaps in the very near future if I can with my busy schedule. Working 6 days a week and shift work doesnt give me much extra time for stuff but sure like it here at crappie.com and have met some nice people and made some great friends. thanks perch
    love to fish and make soft plastics

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love reading all your post Jiggy.I'm new here,but,yours were some of the first tied jigs that I have ever seen in my life,you got me started and now,if I were better at it,I'de be jumping into these swaps.Keep going,I need see some more of what you make,Thanks,Az
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Jiggy........Let me know what size you tie the most .....I'll make you some up. Norm