Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig swaps...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig swaps...

I wasn't around when the swaps were first started and I know many other people here were not either. If there are any questions about the way they work or suggestions on how to run them, please put them here for all to see in stead of the current swap.....

You are right, this is a free country to voice oppinions, so I will voice mine and hope no offense is taken by anyone. First off, I have been in I think 4 swaps now and love doing them. If someone wants to do the work to run one, no one else should question how or why they run the swap the way they do as far as numbers, prizes, requirements and so on.

ANYONE has the choice to run a swap WHENEVER they want, right? It looks to me the swapmiester sign-up list was made for only the "Official Crappie Jig Swaps" that were set up from the start. If anyone else wants to do one, all they have to do is call it something other than "The Crappie Jig Swap."

Seperating swaps by the level of experience of the tier is not a good idea either IMO. You need new blood to come into these to have good variety or else you get the same jigs from the same people. I have tied flies for some time, still fairly new at tying jigs, but still do not consider myself a pro or veteran of flies or jigs. If you go by the time it takes to tie 1 fly or jig, I will never be a pro. I would not be surprised if I am the slowest tier on here, so I do prefer smaller swaps as well.

Just remember guys this is for fun and learning. Please no attacks or people will stop joining in. Again, I am not pointing any fingers, just want to hear other oppinions so we all can have an idea what everyone wants. Any other thought are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said. You are wrong on one point tho.... I am the sloest tier in the USA.
    Last edited by sloedown; 11-03-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I also prefer the 15 spot swaps. A swap should be open to all levels of experience from the beginner to the pro. If a 15 spot swap fills up fast then do a designated panfish swap as CrappieKiller3 did. His was my second panfish swap that I participated in and I enjoyed it.