Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Never underestimate Women

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never underestimate Women

My wife totally amazed me Saturday.
    The zipper broke on my favorite fishing/work jacket. I casually mentioned I was going to hunt for someone to fix it. She told me she could buy me a new one for less than the repair. I am thinking "Horse Hockey". I grew more skeptical when she announce we had to purchase the new one in a certain time parameter between last Tuesday and Saturday (Coupons).
    She shut me down on my project Saturday evening announcing it was the last day we could buy me the jacket. So, wanting to humor her, (and quit working for the day) We went off to Kohl's. If you don't know; this is one of those "Phoo-Phoo stores where you must walk through all of the women's underwear to get to anything a guy would want to buy something. But, I walked straight to the jacket that interested me. It was marked at $140!!! Disgusted, I said "there ain't know way I am paying that! let's go to Gander Mountain or Walmart." But, she showed me the sign that said it was 50% off. I am thinking I could still get it for $40/$50 down the street. But, my time is worth something. Plus I wanted to "let" her do something for me. On the way to the register, she found a sweater she just had to have. When I complained she said, "I have coupons". Yeah, right. The clerk started ringing everything up. When it was all over, my wife paid her $28 for the jacket and her sweater and collected a new coupon worth 15% off of the next purchase.
    I stand amazed!!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Now a days, you got to shop smart with the economy the way it is. You got a good one there. Better keep her around. She can save money enough to put gas in da boat.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. P

I might lose the man card for this but........ okay my wife has ME using coupons!!!!!!! There I said it ... I'm so embarrassed, I'm gonna crawl back in the hole now

Fatman

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Dr. P

I might lose the man card for this but........ okay my wife has ME using coupons!!!!!!! There I said it ... I'm so embarrassed, I'm gonna crawl back in the hole now

Fatman
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not a smart shopper when it comes to things other than stuff i use. my wife has saved us so much money with coupons and shopping when theres sales.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Nah ..... yur good, Fatman

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Dr. P

Fatman
    ... just make sure you're using coupons for things you would have bought anyway, and don't be buying "stuff" just because you have a coupon :D ... & I think you're covered by Man Law #109

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are correct Man Law #109 does allow for the use of coupons, BUT if he has a purple plastic box to organize his coupons then it is eternal banishment from the Mancave

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yep !! You got that right, Grumpa

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
    I think you are correct Man Law #109 does allow for the use of coupons, BUT if he has a purple plastic box to organize his coupons then it is eternal banishment from the Mancave
    .... AND, if he has ANY kind of container, or organizer, for his coupons ... he gets 10 demerits and KP duty for 3 months

(.... and thanks for the chuckle :p )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default C'mon Pappy...

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    .... AND, if he has ANY kind of container, or organizer, for his coupons ... he gets 10 demerits and KP duty for 3 months

(.... and thanks for the chuckle :p )

... cp
    nobody uses containers these days. They contract one of those online companies that finds coupons for you. You didn't did you Fatman??

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife saves a ton using coupons. I wont complain. Heck, by her using the coupons I save money.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.