Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Okatibbee 10/27/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okatibbee 10/27/05

Went out this morn from 9 til 12 and caught 11 with the biggest being just a tad under 13". They wanted green and I couldn't get a bite on any other color. Had to move to deeper water that I was fishing 2 weeks ago, 10 to 14 feet deep. Most were full of shad and the 2 biggest were males. All come on stumps on the edge of the creek. Caught a few when I first got there then the wind died to nothing and they quit and then after a while it picked back up and they started to bite again tho I did catch the biggest one in the slick period but he was the only bite I had at that time.

Last edited by SteveJ; 10-27-2005 at 01:13 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

SteveJ Those are some nice fish. They look like they are growing some over there in lake! Looks like we will have a good crop of fish this year for our tournament. I hope we get to fish some together the day before next year. Our tournament is on May 27 this year. The fishing has really gotten good over here with the cooler temps. They are stacked up on the river ledge around Hwy 43 bridge. I plan to get after them in the morning. Let me know if you want to come over and give the Rez a try. We have a tournament next week at Ferguson in Greenville but other than that and a little deer huntin I'll be fishing.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Hugh, wish I could come over this week or the next but am tied up, going to VA to visit my daughter for a few days, Hope I didn't wait until it got real cold. I will be glad to help when you come over, maybe we can get together with your GPS and mark some spots. I got me a Garmin 72 and so far I really like it, still learning. I don't have to worry about that deer hunting thing, the first time I went about 30 years ago I killed one with-in the first 20 mins. and decided that was too easy and stayed with fishing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff