Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rod question

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod question

Looking for a good vertical jigging rod that won't break the bank. Anybody used the Sam Heaton Super Sensitive or have any other suggestions?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley View Post
    Looking for a good vertical jigging rod that won't break the bank. Anybody used the Sam Heaton Super Sensitive or have any other suggestions?
    I have a 12 ft. Sam Heaton and I love it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great rod. I really like mine. There are tons out there now in that $30-$60 range. I would just suggest going out and looking at them in person...Touch and feel. Everyone has a preference of what they like. It also depends on what type of fishing you will be doing. The super sensitive is good for single jig or tandem jig but too light if you are going to be spider rigging etc. Some end up having problems with the best rods out there and others do just fine with a cheaper one. I know Grizzly jig has a closeout on an 11' bnm rod right now..$23 for one or $21 for 3 and it is normally $35-$40.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

AJ I like my pro trolling rods from bnm and they can be used as a jigging pole but they dont have cork on the handle if your looking for cork.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Check out ProAngler Crappie rods. The price is right and they are a very good rod. Senitivie and have backbone. If you should break the tip the replacement price is right. I've had mine for 2 years and not had any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

AJ get you a 12' cane pole and put some black duct tape on it for the grip. Got good backbone and is sensitive.
    Just kidding I had a sam heaton and I liked it until I broke it. It did not hold up to slaming the tail gate on it. But I will be replacing it with a sam heaton 10'.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I used 12 footers for a few years but I have since switched to 10 footers....they are just easier for me to handle.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine AJ you can feel them breath on it.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Have Any of you casted with the Sam heaton.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent some time shopping rods a while back and found a few that I really liked. I didn't look in the 10' or better range as I have some of those and find them heavy on the tip for jigging for a long period. I found the 7' and 8' rods to be much more comfortable, weightwise , for long periods. I'm talking about a rod in each hand over a channel edge with small bumps and shakes of the rod. The 8' b&m Bucks Jiggin pole at about $34 is a real lite, real sensitive rod for the money. I could hold that forever. Shakespeare makes a micro graphite that I have 3 of in 7'. Lite action and weight and about $16 at wally world. These work well casting 1/16 jigs at cover, pegged and slip floats and verticle jigging. For the money they're hard to beat but a bit short if you plan to use em spider rigging. There's my two cents.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast