Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Windows 7

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Windows 7

Got my free upgrade today to Windows 7. Has anyone upgraded their's yet? Any problems?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    Got my free upgrade today to Windows 7. Has anyone upgraded their's yet? Any problems?
    How did you get a free one. I bought this thing last black friday, but no one said anything about a free upgrade. Clue me in please.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Been lot's of tests done on it and it really isn't all that different from Vista to tell the truth. Several articles from Federal computer news to cnet are saying the same thing just Vista with some bells and whistles.

Also if you have applications written in other programs they might not work with 7.

New laptops that have come out in the last 6 months or so have a free upgrade to 7. Im holding off for now till they find any security holes like they always do.

Fatman

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver View Post
    How did you get a free one. I bought this thing last black friday, but no one said anything about a free upgrade. Clue me in please.
    Called "Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program," the deal provides free or nearly-free upgrades to Windows 7 for people who purchase a new Vista PC between June 26, 2009 and Jan. 31, 2010.
    I bought a new HP a couple months ago and I didn't even have to pay for shipping. Check your manufacturer's web site.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    Bill

I still have one of my systems on XP SP3 due to driver and compatability issues w/ Vista.... My editing system is running Vista 64 Ultimate....

I'm loath to go bleeding edge again on OS upgrades.... I might have to set up a system and just use it to beta OS compatibility with my software..... any problems with yours so far?

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaddleFishing View Post
    Bill

I still have one of my systems on XP SP3 due to driver and compatability issues w/ Vista.... My editing system is running Vista 64 Ultimate....

I'm loath to go bleeding edge again on OS upgrades.... I might have to set up a system and just use it to beta OS compatibility with my software..... any problems with yours so far?

Doug
    Nothing major. I've got to go to a new email as Windows 7 does away with Windows Mail. Soon as I gifure out what I want to do I'll start the upgrade.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Now running Win 7 64 bit. Upgrade went with no problems. Now all I got to do is learn what it does. I never did learn Vista as I knew this upgrade was coming.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va