Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PREFERRED Fish/Depth Finder for CRAPPIE

Post Thanks / Like

Default PREFERRED Fish/Depth Finder for CRAPPIE

I know everyone has their preference for their style of crappie fishing.
    I would like to hear what the choice would be for trolling motor depth finder and/or a console depth finder either you are using or have observed on another boat if you could have it??
    Let's keep the price for this depth finder below $350.00.
    Target are brushpiles, bridge pilings, stumps, roadbeds, etc.
    I currently have Eagle 480's on T.M. and console, but thought I might get some feedback from many that fish tourneys and crappie fish multiple times a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Matrix 37 for the trolling motor

I have and prefer my matrix 37 for the front of the trolling motor. It has a view that will give you the typical depthfinder view. With it displaying from right to left, but also gives you a view looking down. This is very helpful once you find a brushpile in determining which side it is. The 37 has a 90 degree cone the widest of all of them. So in return in you are in 20' of water you are looking at a 20' wide path of bottom desplay. This unit I believe sells for 299, I would also suggest buying the optional weathersense for measuring the barometer. I think at one time humminbird was giving you a coupon for a free one if you bought a matrix unit.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

whatever you get for the t.m. make sure it's variable speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have a Matrix 37 and I wouldn't go crappie fishing without it. I plan on buying a side scanner transducer for it next Spring so I can scan the banks and the docks for crappie. And, I plan on buying a GPS attachment also for marking brushpiles. These attachments can be added on later for less than $100 each. Also, the 37 can be hooked into a computer and upgraded over the internet. All in all, I think it is cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Redtick and TAE73.My Matrix 37 does everything I want!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com