Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cb

Post Thanks / Like

Default cb

anybody talk on the cb? if so what is your set up, handle,and reccamendations for gear. i'm a huge cber and would love to swap info with other people that talk.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have my antenna up and I have three base stations and a linear but there is nobody to talk to much these days. Most folks are at home using their computers and most of the truckers are useing cell phones now. Its not like it used to be. Even HAM radio has slowed way down.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I could talk for hours on the subject. It started when my brother in law opened a CB/car audio shop down in Houston. He taught me how to take them apart and put them back together and make them work. How to tweak the coils up to just below the power rating on the finals, install extra channels, tune antenna and on and on. I don't get into them much anymore, but still keep one in my truck for road trips. You can find the cheapest fuel and the best places to eat from the drivers. At one time, I was running so much power, had to have 2 batteries in my car. Driving down a street talking, could make garage doors go up and down. Later realized it did not do any good to be able to talk farther than I could listen. Good old days....before the CB boom in 1975.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver View Post
    I could talk for hours on the subject. It started when my brother in law opened a CB/car audio shop down in Houston. He taught me how to take them apart and put them back together and make them work. How to tweak the coils up to just below the power rating on the finals, install extra channels, tune antenna and on and on. I don't get into them much anymore, but still keep one in my truck for road trips. You can find the cheapest fuel and the best places to eat from the drivers. At one time, I was running so much power, had to have 2 batteries in my car. Driving down a street talking, could make garage doors go up and down. Later realized it did not do any good to be able to talk farther than I could listen. Good old days....before the CB boom in 1975.
    thats awesome. but yea i agree about the long talk