Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on the I-Motor at grizzly Jigs outing?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any opinions on the I-Motor at grizzly Jigs outing?

I meant the IPilot.:rolleyes: Any comments? I would bet a beer it got problems. Folks mighty quiet about it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the new integration of systems I'm with you. Sure looks like a cool setup though. I'm also reasonably sure I would need my rich uncle to get out of the poor house before I could afford one.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessin that IPilot is gonna be just as confused as the HB SI with the old 1 second GPS refresh rate...especially for slow trollin...
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I've had absolutely zero problems with the pre-release i-Pilot I've been running for the past 5-6 weeks. I've used it several times for recording and then following a track well below 1 mph without any trouble. It's going to be an awesome boat control tool for anglers targeting all species.

Feel free to check out my field test information by following the link below:

Introduction to MinnKota's i-Pilot

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if Minn Kota would give me an I-Motor to test? I would give an honest evaluation, so I doubt they would. I do have a couple of Minn Kota T shirts. :rolleyes: I don't sleep at Holiday Inn.

I-Motor sounds gooder. IPilot is a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything has problems, even a compass has problems. Magnetic compasses have dead spots or inaccurate spots in them. Flux gate compasses need to be kept quite level or they don't work too well.

Even a simple match has problems. Now, I'm not knocking you, Cane. It does seem that many a high priced toy for fishing boats is released with problems that should have been solved well before release, but, let the goobers get the thing on the market before you try to get off their Christmas list.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-17-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtaco View Post
    Everything has problems, even a compass has problems. Magnetic compasses have dead spots or inaccurate spots in them. Flux gate compasses need to be kept quite level or they don't work too well.

Even a simple match has problems. Now, I'm not knocking you, Cane. It does seem that many a high priced toy for fishing boats is released with problems that should have been solved well before release, but, let the goobers get the thing on the market before you try to get off their Christmas list.
    Were you at Grizzly Jigs? I heard they had "complications" and was wanting to stir the pot some.:rolleyes:

http://i-pilot.info/
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-17-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking website Dr. Jason.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

The demos went great!! The only problem was one of the pro staff guys had a blow out but the unit works just like they tell you!!! Its gonna be a must have for several on the water applications!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OsoFishy View Post
    The demos went great!! The only problem was one of the pro staff guys had a blow out but the unit works just like they tell you!!! Its gonna be a must have for several on the water applications!!
    Ok.

They need to selll it like a Chevy. Try it for a month and if you don't like it, git ya money backs.

I got a garage full of crap that "almost" works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast