Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spider webbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider webbs

What can I spray on my boat dock to keep the Spider webbs off?
    Thanks, Joe

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A pest control guy once told me that any spray for spiders only works on the spiders that the spray actually falls on....he said no spray residual (that the spider crawls on) will kill spiders.....so..who knows...??
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horton View Post
    What can I spray on my boat dock to keep the Spider webbs off?
    Thanks, Joe
    Tempo

A new product on the market, safe for home and packing houses. Spray a line, if they cross it they die. I own a self storage business and those spiders love to web up the doors, but no more since I found this product. It's pricey but well worth it. Sprayed around the doors of my home this year and we didn't have but a few houseflies. Supposed to be very safe for pets and humans and so far it hasen't affected me affected me:D
    Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default fichere

Quote Originally Posted by JIG Gene-e View Post
    Tempo

A new product on the market, safe for home and packing houses. Spray a line, if they cross it they die. I own a self storage business and those spiders love to web up the doors, but no more since I found this product. It's pricey but well worth it. Sprayed around the doors of my home this year and we didn't have but a few houseflies. Supposed to be very safe for pets and humans and so far it hasen't affected me affected me:D
    name the new product!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by fichere View Post
    name the new product!!!
    This from the National Safety Council:

Tempo
    Tempo is a trademarked pesticide that can be used legally by licensed exterminators. However, due to its toxicity, it can only be sold to certified pesticide applicators. Tempo sold on the street and in stores violates state and federal restrictions and may contain 200 to 400 times the recommended dosage. Individual packets do not bear the full required labeling and typically sell for $15-$20 per 1.76 ounce individual packet. Use of Tempo is particularly common in Hispanic neighborhoods. Tempo contains cyfluthrin, a potent insecticide that can be lethal to household pets and humans.

Personally I have had some sucess with "Ortho" brand "Home Defense". Also with "Dursban". I hate spiders and snakes but if not for spiders,the world would be over run with insects. Take your pick.
    Last edited by pescatore; 10-18-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: add info

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys. The product is (tempo s c ultra) made by, bayer animal health , this is not the product pescatore is quoteing about.
    s c ultra is safe for indoor and outdoor use and sold to anyone. I buy it off the shelf at my local feed and farm store. The owner recommended it. Google that up and read about it, and decide for your self. I will say it's very effective and seems to last a long time.

pescatore, Wasen't dursban outlawed about 7 years ago?
    Last edited by JIG Gene-e; 10-18-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dursban

Quote Originally Posted by JIG Gene-e View Post
    Sorry guys. The product is (tempo s c ultra) made by, bayer animal health , this is not the product pescatore is quoteing about.
    s c ultra is safe for indoor and outdoor use and sold to anyone. I buy it off the shelf at my local feed and farm store. The owner recommended it. Google that up and read about it, and decide for your self. I will say it's very effective and seems to last a long time.

pescatore, Wasen't dursban outlawed about 7 years ago?
    Could have been,have not used it in oner 10 years. It was hell on fleas.Best ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Dursban has been removed from the market. Unfortunately. You can still get the commercial form known as Lorsban. You have to have a pesticide license for it too though. Also Termador, which is the dangdest thing I have ever seen. Spray around The foundation of Your house. It will kill all the fire ants in your yard and kills the termites. Infects one and He goes back and infects the whole nest. Stuff lasts about 5 years. $400 for 1/2 gallon. Only mixing a couple ounces for mixture to do Your house. AGAIN, got to have license to get the good stuff. I don't know how Termador works on spiders. I had them on the house heavy this fall but they could easily get over the treated part of the house. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I used an Ortho product this year that was purchased at Wal-Mart. I am sorry that I do not remember the name. I got under the dock and sprayed the surfaces of all of the understructure. We also sprayed the ceiling and the cross members that hold it up. Make sure no pets or people are going to be on the dock for a few hours when you do this.

A few years ago I was having problems with spiders in our runabout. Used similar product sprayed in the cracks, crevices, and "dark" places in the boat. Did two treatments and haven't had any trouble since.

Our blue dock light attract a lot of flying insects in the night, but we aren't having much trouble at this point.

Whatever you do, be careful when applying the product...keep it off of you and other mammals! Good luck.
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you want to kill the spiders? They kill the other annoying bugs.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast