Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone buy Japanese goods online?

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone buy Japanese goods online?

I"ve been noticing more and better stuff online from the Japanese these days as they market their websites in English now. Most post the exchange rates along with Yen prices. But I was wondering who has any experience with this in the buying, customs, and receiving? I've only bought from the Canadians on Ebay and that was like buying in the US.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Try to get them to answer one your e-mails in Japan or China we've had no replies from them but they do have quality component parts besides tube skirts and many other fine fishing products that are imported here I would imagine that you have to go through somebody here in the US if you get through to them let me know how you did it we are looking for jig making materials

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter has bought some things off ebay from China and always gets them. I'm kind of wary myself but I've really been looking at Shimano's Elf spinning reel which is available only in Japan.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I'm looking at things that pop up in my life, but mostly trains and other hobby stuff. Their model trains are second to none. But I am seeing more sites now with translations and exchange rates to buy direct from Japan. A shame those people don't make fly rod blanks too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    Actually I'm looking at things that pop up in my life, but mostly trains and other hobby stuff. Their model trains are second to none. But I am seeing more sites now with translations and exchange rates to buy direct from Japan. A shame those people don't make fly rod blanks too.
    They do make fly rod blanks. :D But................... You have to buy a 20ft container load and shipping is the killer.
    I checked on some stuff from them for our online sales. prices are right. But shipping makes it a bad deal. Unless you can buy $50,000. at a time.
    I'm adding some jig tying stuff, Got in some last week to try out. Its the best stuff I have ever seen. Its almost like its alive in the water. Even at rest in the water, this stuff is moving and swaying. Will have some jigs tied out of it at Paris landing next week while fishing Ky Lake and Big Sandy river.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Makes a lot of sense to me, hundred of thousands of Americans unemployed and we get excited about sending our money to china or japan. we should've stopped that crap years ago!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
    Makes a lot of sense to me, hundred of thousands of Americans unemployed and we get excited about sending our money to china or japan. we should've stopped that crap years ago!!!!!
    Sorry but Tokyo takes better care of us than Detroit. When we stop manufacturing inferior junk and pushing it at twice the price it's worth then we will get our economy back. I'm tried of being screwed and broke by American products, all bought in the name of Patriotism. Those Fords in my driveway now(both bought new), they are abysmal piles of crap, never again.

Post Thanks / Like

You know I keep hearing people bitch and gripe about Ford vehicles but I've got a 95 Ford Explorer with 228,000+ and I've only ever done regular maint stuff, breaks, tune ups etc.

My wife has a 2003 Focus Hatchback and no major problems.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post

keep ur politics off the off topic board. don't want anyone gitting thar panties wadded.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

Keep um in line there poppy jr. hehehe EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast