Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Vinyle or Aluminum Gutters????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vinyle or Aluminum Gutters????

I'm putting going to be putting gutters on my house. I'm undecided about what kind to put on either Vinyle or Aluminum.
    You folks that already have them what's the pro's and cons of each. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i would go aluminum and hire someone that comes out and makes them on the spot. You will have less seams with a cleaner look with less leaks, never had plastic ones so cant help there

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with aluminum. Having been in construction for 28 years I have seen too many problems with the vinyl. Another reason to go with the aluminum is for looks. As Ready2fish stated you would be better off having someone install seamless gutters. There are fewer places for leaks and they blend with the house rather than standing out. It will cost you more to have them installed but in the long run it will be worth it.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I put up vinyl on the back of my house good money gone to the bad!!! When the temps got up to around 100 they tried to come off the house, Had to run wires from the outside edge to the roof to level them back up after the heat got to them. I'm going to replace them with aluminum.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

alum is the only way to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magnum500 View Post
    I would go with aluminum. Having been in construction for 28 years I have seen too many problems with the vinyl. Another reason to go with the aluminum is for looks. As Ready2fish stated you would be better off having someone install seamless gutters. There are fewer places for leaks and they blend with the house rather than standing out. It will cost you more to have them installed but in the long run it will be worth it.

Plus 1 well said magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Since your from Georgia, I would not see the heat destroying them in a few years, but the aluminum will out last them by far. The Texas heat on vinyl will make it brittle and fall to pieces in about 4 years.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.