Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workers Comp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Workers Comp

Just Wondering How Many Members On C.c Have Had To Go Through A Workers Comp Hearing And Their Experiances With The Slow Wc System.
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been down that road too many times. I'm currently dealing with an injury I have given up on. In my experience once initial care was given it becomes hopeless.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

each state is differant
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I am disabled because of Workmans comp. I fell on the ice at work and had the mis-fortune to recieve workman's comp. I tore the Rotator Kuff in my left shoulder. I went to a surgeon and he repaired the tear, (I thought). He said he would have me back at work in 6 wks after therapy. 6 wks later I still don't have any strength in my arm. He said he would give me another 2 weeks of therapy. If that didn't have be back he would probably have to go back in and see what the problem was. He sent me in for another MRI on my shoulder. I got a call from the W Comp people and asked what was taking so long for me to get back to work. I told them that the Surgeon was talking about going back in and seeing what the problem was. They asked who the
    Surgeon was and his phone number. Still nothing, so I go back in to see the Dr/Surgeon and he has me take my shirt off and had his back to me and then after never looking at my shoulder said that he was going to discharge me so I could go back to work. I told him that I couldn't raise my arm above my shoulder. He said I didn't need to if I was a carpet layer. I told him I was a carpenter and most of my work was overhead which I could do like I was. He told me to go back to work and my shoulder would come back in time. He sent me back to work with no weight restrictions. Long story short I ended up quiting work and called Workmans Comp and told them I couldn't do the work the way I was. I went back to MY Dr and he looked at my shoulder and asked if I wanted him to recommend another Surgeon. I said yes because I couldn't do anything the way it was. I call W C and said I was going to another surgeon to see what the problem was and they said they wouldn't pay for it that I already went to a Surgeon and they was going by what he said. They called the first surgeon and he gave me a 7% disability rating. They said as far as they was concerned my claim was finished. They paid me a few thousand dollars and that was it. I went to a different Surgeon and he had me bring the x-rays and Mri's with me. When I asked the first surgeon for the MRI's they said they didn't know where they were and they thought I had them. I told them that I wanted them and would get an attorney if I had to. They finally gave them to me and I took them to the second Surgeon. He looked at them and had me come into his office and showed me the Last MRI's. The Tech that did them made a note on them that the first Surgeon didn't completely attach the rotator Kuff the first time. He made a note that it needed to be re-done. The second Surgeon went in to finish the first one screw up and found that the cartilage was completely ripped off the bone, so he had to re-attach that before he could work on the Rotator Kuff. Not only did I have to pay for the second surgery myself but by then I ended up with 100% disability. Called W C and they said I was paid for the claim and they was satisfied with it so they was done with it. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I can feel your pain, I've had 4 rotor surgeries, 2 on each shoulder and all Worker's Comp cases. I learned the best way to deal with a Worker's Comp case is to hire a lawyer. Like someone posted, WC is different in each state and I think since they paid you for your claim you can't go back and collect on the same injury, but the case on your shoulder is usually left open by WC in case of problems down the road. I would check with a lawyer and get him to start a disability claim for you...I worked for a very large corporation and it took me a couple of years to get my claims settled and to get my disability retirement from the company...

Post Thanks / Like

I needed a simple back surgery, I should have been back to work in a month. I is now coming on two years. Because of the delay in treatment I now have permant nerve damage and I am still fighting. And becasue I was able to stay working for a period of time, I get no compensation. We pay for this insurance one way or another and they screw us any way they can. I can manage to fish about 2 or 3 hours in one day, then it takes 2 or 3 days to recover. Sad situation.

Post Thanks / Like

and all these horror stories about w c is a nice reminder of why we don't need the gubment screwing around in our healthcare with a single payer system.

eagerbeaver that was completely unacceptable what that first dr did. i would be filing malpractise if i could find a decent lawyer. he was trying to cover the wc people plain and simple.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

My Deal Is This: Got Hurt On The Job, Job Says I Got Hurt Off The Job.wc Denied. Witnesses To My Complaints Before Injury, Agreed By Their Attorney That The Witnesses Were Correct In What I Said Had Happened.have Had Rt And Left Rotator Cuff Surgeries In 5 Months.went To A Few Pt Appts. And Had To Stop Because Only Income Coming In From Wife. Doing Pt At Home Which Dr Says Is Very Hard To Do.don't Know When I'll Be Able To Go Back To Work, If Ever At That Job. Been To Mediation With My Atty And Theirs.no Decision, So I Guess I'm Waiting On A Hearing Before Ind. Com.? How Can People Survive While Waiting On The Wc System To Work, Denial's In Particular. Used Up All My 401 And Savings Almost Used Up Wifes 401 And Savings. Bills Have To Be Paid,mouths Have To Be Fed And Depression Has A Way Of Making A Person Real Bitter About Any Form Of Govt. Attorney Tells Me To Hold On And He's Working On It.after We Lose Everything Is Probably When A Settlement Will Come.my Suggestion To Everyone On C.c Is This: If You Stump Your Toe,get A Splinter, Pull Any Kind Of Muscle Or Get Hurt In Any Kind Of Way While AT Work. Fall In The Damn Floor And Scream Like Someone Is Taking Your Fishing Privilages Away From You For Life! That Is The Only Way The System Will Work For You. Make Them Haul You Away In An Ambulance Screaming Like A Banshee!! Just My 2 Cents
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would check with a lawyer and get him to start a disability claim for you...
    So, you have a WC attorney now, don't you?
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

I fell at work and broke my back in Pa. in July of 2000. My doctor wanted to do sugery on it at that time. WC sent me back to work after being off for 10 weeks (light duty, taking vicodin). I was a heavy steel fabricator. (WC. said I was faking my injury!) Finally in 2002 they let me have my sugery. The doctor had to fuse 5 vert. in the begining he felt it would only be 3. Since that time I have never been able to go back to work. Also in Pa. you can only collect WC for 6.8 yrs. I broke my back when I was 42. In 2006 Wc. forced me into setteling my wages with them and I did not even recieve 2 years of my salary. My attorny told me that either I except the settlement or I would be forced to go work at Wendy's. Durning that time I was able to receive SSI because they said I will never be able to work again! Now WC. is trying to force me into setteling my medical part! So god luck with WC!!! I think they SUCK!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast