Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Annual Fish Fry!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Annual Fish Fry!

We finally had our annual fish fry this year. We hit another stellar day with the weather co-operating. We had at least 107 people that checked in and signed the registry book. There were several more that didn't sign in. We had the awning tents set up again and had an awning set up over the picnic table this year. The old farmers in the neighborhood always seem to prefer the picnic table to the table and chairs. They always seem to migrate to it for some reason. We had a large assortment of different foods again as this is a pot luck type meal and get together. We have several small plastic swimming pools with ice in them for the cold drinks and for the salads and anything that needs to be kept cool. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the pools so the water would run out into a bucket under the tables that they were setting on. This works great for keeping thing cool. For the kids this year I had a bouncy house for them to play in away from the food area. We had other games and activities for the kids but they spent most of their time in the bouncy house.
    I was kind of worried wither I had enough fish this year beings I only got to go fishing 5 time this year. I had 296 fillets and being the larger size of them that turned out to be just enough. We had a few left over which we had a few meals which was ok with us. This is the first time my freezer was vacant of any fish. This last fishing trip and I am stocked up again for an emergency fish fry if the need would arise. People was asking if we were going to have a fish fry this year because it was getting so late in the year. We just told them I had to get enough fish to have one. Everyone said it was the best one so far.
    On Saturday I was cleaning my grill for the party on Sunday and my burner in the grill finally gave way and broke. I couldn't find another burner to fit my grill so I had to buy another grill. I went to Lowe's and finagiled the floor display from the guy and got another 10% off to boot. I didn't have time to assemble it and get everything else done in time for the party. We provide the meat for the party for the ones that don't like to eat fish. We have Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, and Summer Sausages cooked on the grill. I did something different this year and cooked the fish ahead of the party and put them in an electric oven and had them set out on a table and plugged in outside. My Son-In-Law runs the grill and he wanted to start grilling a bunch of meat and I told him not until someone ordered something and only what they want to eat. As usual he didn't have to cook much. I am very proud to say that this is our 5th year doing this fish fry and no one has gotten a bone yet. I am very careful about cleaning the fish and making sure that there isn't any bones left in the fillets when we are done filleting. I got to mingle with everyone this year instead of cooking most of the day and not getting to visit with everyone at the party. I liked not having a hot cooker out where the kids might get burnt from it. We are looking forward to next years fish fry already. We have had several people ask if they could come to next years party already. I catch all the fish that we use for these fish fries. It is a chore but someone has to do it. Take care and share some fish with your neighbors that can't catch them for themselves, they will really appreciate it more than you can imagine.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a real good event. Everyone had plenty to eat and a good time. Well done.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up WTG Beav

I thought it was about time for your cook out..Glad you had a good turn out and had enough fish....Did you take any pictures this year?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did take quite a few pic again this year. I have a new computer and it is a lot different from what I had and am still trying to figure out how to post pics. I will get it figured out and then will post some pics. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Yes I did take quite a few pic again this year. I have a new computer and it is a lot different from what I had and am still trying to figure out how to post pics. I will get it figured out and then will post some pics. EB
    Beav, I also have a new one with Vista..Totally new stuff to me.....so I know what you mean...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Try this EB ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/kentu...et-method.html

If you've got Vista as your OS ... when you try to find your picture folders (when you click on the "upload" button on Photobucket), you'll most likely have to click on an Icon before your folders show. When I do it, I get a row of icons to choose from ... 5 of them down the left side of the "documents" screen, that shows up when I click the upload button. They look like this :

Recent Places
    Desktop
    Folders (actually this one has my name - icon picture is of folders)
    Computer
    Network

I click on the "folders" icon ... then the pictures file folder ... then the pics or subfolders ... and keep digging until I find the pic I want to send to Photobucket.

Hope this helps.

... cp

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Congrats on your fish fry.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time

Fatman