Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sometimes when things go wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes when things go wrong...

you just need to shutup and go with it

I went to wally world looking for a new reel I've been saving up for. Settled on the garica revo sx. Had no idea on price but saw it was available at wally world online and "some stores". (might have been the S).

Anyway..I find the display tag for it and there's a reel out of the box right above it. No box or package anywhere. Tag says $100. I ask if he can knock some off due to no box. I get the reel for $80.

It's all nice and flashy..I get it home figuring to get the book on the internet..google the model number.. it's a WHAT??? Quantum Code CD87OCX???

So I feel bad and take it back to wally world.... thinking I either took wally world or they took me.. Turns out that reel is ALSO $100 normally so there's no problem if I want to keep it. They didn't have the S or SX so I have a new "no box or directions" reel..

Heck I couldn't have got $20 off anywhere else that I know of.

my first new reel in almost 17 years... :D
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey no complaints there!!!!!!! Just go on their website and ask for one as it wasn't in the box and no one had it.

Congrats

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

No directions on use or maintenance, but here is your schematic.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schem...de_CD870CX.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new reel but I can't imagine what it's like to go 17 yrs without one

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default happy about it?

I find it hard to believe you would be happy with a $80 reel, that should sell for $20......in the good ole days...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear out a reel every 3 or 4 years and that is a good Shimano. A Garcia Cardinal is good for one season if lucky. How did you go 17 years with one reel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBledsoe View Post

I wear out a reel every 3 or 4 years and that is a good Shimano. A Garcia Cardinal is good for one season if lucky. How did you go 17 years with one reel?

My lovely bride and I had kids and have been struggling off and on. About the time we get caught up we get knocked down. We're slowly getting there now finally. In the past 17 years I think I got to go fishing maybe 6 or 7 times. 5 of those were with the kids when they were little
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend has a booth selling tackle at the local flea market. He trades for stuff and always treats me good. I was in the market for a spinning reel or two and found some that looked good on one of his tables. I asked" how much". He said $25 each for the 3 I had picked out. I paid him and headed home. The one that really caught my eye is a Diawa Capricorn. Looking it over the label sez 7 ball bearings. WOO HOO!! I looked it up on ebay, MSRP is $119. I asked him the next week if he knew what it was worth and he told me it was OK cuz he had made some money on it. Every once in a while things just drop into place.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pomoxis View Post
    My lovely bride and I had kids and have been struggling off and on. About the time we get caught up we get knocked down. We're slowly getting there now finally. In the past 17 years I think I got to go fishing maybe 6 or 7 times. 5 of those were with the kids when they were little
    I understand, had the same problem myself for a lot of years. But now that bride who has stuck with me for the last 47 years likes to fish as much or more than I do. So now we go fishing at least once a week and often 2 of 3 times.
    We love those Crappies and Yellow Perch.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya pomoxis.
    Your not the only one in that boat.

Congrats on your deal.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!