Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court and Gun Control

Post Thanks / Like

Default Supreme Court and Gun Control

I see the Supreme Court is going to look at the states right to limit gun ownership. I seldom agree with the Federal Government but this may be different. My birth state of New York leaves the power to award pistol permits to county judges. I know of some counties that have liberal judges that refuse to sign permits. Thats too much power in the hands of one man. I believe every law abiding citizen has the right to armed self protection. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

"I believe every law abiding citizen has the right to armed self protection. What do you think?"

I agree!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it. Most big city mayors don't, though. Examples include Bloomberg in NYC, Daley in Chicago, and the DC mayor, whatever his name is. Even though DC lost their case, they still make you jump through all kinds of hoops to own a gun.

I'd never live in a place like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree !Name:  exactly.gif
Views: 175
Size:  671 Bytes
    "Gottabefishin"

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gun control is being able to hit what I'm shooting at.

Post Thanks / Like

i believe pappy is getting ready to unleash the lock button. that's what i believe. bunch of weiners.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Nah .....

Quote Originally Posted by popperonahead View Post
    i believe pappy is getting ready to unleash the lock button. that's what i believe. bunch of weiners.
    ... I'm feelin lenient today.
    Besides, it ain't gotten into a political debate, yet ... so, until it does, I'll let it ride. Keep it on subject, minus the political overtones, and I'll let ya'll discuss it all ya want.

Now, that's not to say that another Mod (or Ed) may come along and put the axe to it, or lock it down ...

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I wish it would be a mandatory thing for every home have at least one gun in it. There was a town in Georgia (Kennesaw)that made it a city ordinance that every home would have a firearm. Be it a shotgun, pistol, rifle...whatever. The ordinance was later amended to read that those who conscientiously object to owning a firearm, convicted felons, those who cannot afford a firearm, and those with a mental or physical disability that would prevent them from owning a firearm would not get one.
    Burglaries went down 71% the first year.
    Last edited by centerdriver; 10-01-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling....as usual.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

The statisitcs show towns/city's that allow thier law abiding citizens to be armed have less crime in general, and specifically less rape, murder, and home invasions. Yet is amazes me how Mayors and Police Chiefs think they are the solution to crime and that guns should be banned from law abiding citizens. I dont care how fast the police show up, 99% of the time its after the crime has been committed and too late to protect teh poor law abiding civilian who was made defensless by gun laws. Dont get me wrong the police do a great job of catching criminals after the fact. However there is an inherent flaw to the philosophy. First the crime has to be committed. That means some poor civilian has to suffer first. Personally I'd rather see the criminals injured or dead instead of the victim.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast