Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How Did The Tourney Go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Did The Tourney Go?

Hi La Bill,

Just wondering how the Tournament went this weekend? Hope it was better than our teal hunt! We still have not seen a teal this season. Didn't go this morning but after opening the garage door and walking out into this cool weather I think I might should have.

Miss Addie, (My Lab) and I spent the night at our camp friday night, and after hunting, (well standing in water most of the morning), decided that we would go round up enough crappie to have a little cooking tonight. We ended up with 22 that we keep. The bit was on between 2:00 & 4:00 PM yesterday afternoon. Caught everything that I caught on a Rosey Red with a red sparkle Crappie Nibble in front of it. It was almost too hot to have a Lab in the boat. I would fish for about 20 minutes and swim her a couple of times to keep her cool.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Tournament.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hi La Bill,

Just wondering how the Tournament went this weekend? Hope it was better than our teal hunt! We still have not seen a teal this season. Didn't go this morning but after opening the garage door and walking out into this cool weather I think I might should have.

Miss Addie, (My Lab) and I spent the night at our camp friday night, and after hunting, (well standing in water most of the morning), decided that we would go round up enough crappie to have a little cooking tonight. We ended up with 22 that we keep. The bit was on between 2:00 & 4:00 PM yesterday afternoon. Caught everything that I caught on a Rosey Red with a red sparkle Crappie Nibble in front of it. It was almost too hot to have a Lab in the boat. I would fish for about 20 minutes and swim her a couple of times to keep her cool.

Hey, Tommy.......The tourny went fairly well, second place went to a couple of local guides, Dave took third place with about one pound less than second place. The first place was won by two guys that went all the way to Lake O' The Pines in Tx to catch their winning stringer. They had to be at Bass Pro at 6:00 am, and then back at 4:00 pm.....there was ten hours allowed to fish, including the trip to and from their lake of choice, so they had no more than seven hours of fishing at the very most, and still managed to win first place. Much to my disappointment, my sitter caught a stomach virus and could not make it, so I was grounded at the house. Fortunately, Dave and I planned to have a backup for myself in case something like this happened. Maybe next time? Dave was on cloud nine, and I'm sure he's still there....and I'm glad to see him so eager to try again.

RE: Teal.......Two friends and four of their buddies went Teal hunting yesterday from daylight to 11:30 am, and only bagged two, a drake and a hen. The first good cold front that comes down will get 'em headed this way in mass, surely before mallard season opens. The day wasn't wasted, though, 22 crappie must have made for a great fish fry!!! Better luck next time on the teal.......