Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Management

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Management

A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (General Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.
    On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action.
    Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.
    Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilise that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganised to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program', with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.
    Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was out-sourced to India.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

"It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program', with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower." "The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses "

Pure waste again and more dumb management decisions. No wonder they keep losing!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Not even close to reality. Teh union would never let one person row the entire race without a mandatory break. Plus for safety reasons there must be two rowers and at least two more as back ups. :D
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Not even close to reality. Teh union would never let one person row the entire race without a mandatory break. Plus for safety reasons there must be two rowers and at least two more as back ups. :D
    It would be funny if it wasn't true.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    It would be funny if it wasn't true.
    So TRUE I run into it every day!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

i have a feeling this is telling us american citizens in what direction our country is headed. i am getting up in age so i probably won't get to see the really bad part. my children and grand children will have to go through it .
    that is why i make a point to train them up in the right way. spend a lot of time with the children , guide them in the way they should go, and show them a lot of love.