Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Deal for Crappie.com members

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Special Deal for Crappie.com members

From now until the end of the year - BnM will offer the new Jim Duckworth Float-n-Fly Crappie/Bass rod for a special price to any Crappie.com member.

For the last few months, Don G - Fishin3 - Grousefly - myself - and others have been field testing the prototype. It is now available from BnM, and will retail for around $50. But, for Crappie.com members ...... the "special" price will be $35.

The rod can be seen on their website, following the link above. Or click here to review: http://www.bnmpoles.com/ffcs.html

Here are some things about this rod:
    This is not a UL rod ... this rod is meant to handle fish of "bragging" size, of both species (Bass/Crappie).
    The rod is 7ft 11in long, and is a two piece rod ... IM6 blank, ceramic guides, 9.5" cork handle (10.5" long, counting the counterbalance weight system). Extra counterweights will be available, soon, if not already.

I have been authorized to announce this "special pricing" for Crappie.com members, by Jack Wells of BnM.
    Any member interested in purchasing this rod, or seeking further information concerning this rod ... Please direct your interest/questions to Jack Wells. He can be reached by email or phone: [email protected] -- 1-800-647-6363

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions, concerning this rod ... but, that will have to wait until next week. I'm headed to Watts Bar Lake, taking mine on a "field test trip" :D ... hopefully to do battle with some Slabzilla's ......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking rod

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the weighted handle. I have a couple of those weight "caps" that slide over the end of handles and I love the when I'm verticle jigging or working a minnow. It really improves feel and comfort when fishing a 12'er. They also improve casting on shorter rods in my opinion. Some bass rods have had that for a while and I'm glad to see a crappie rod with that available. That feature alone makes me very interested.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ordered 2

I just ordered 2 of them based on your recomendations on the quality and on my past experence with the B&M 12' graphite jig poles. I also ordered 2 pfluger president model spinning reels to go on them. I am looking forward to the fall season. It is my favorite time of year (hunters are in the woods and the jet skis are in storage).

Post Thanks / Like

Nice rod, but answer me this one, I have never heard of this rule.

The shortened handle is made of genuine Portuguese cork and offers you more rod blank.... to get
    more casting distance, but remains tournament legal at 8 ft."
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Tae ...

no problem, simple explanation :

The rod is a BASS/Crappie rod ... notice emphasis on Bass. FnF method is a very good clear water, cold water method for Smallmouth .. which requires casting a light float/jig long distances. Some Bass fishing tournaments have a rod length rule ... no rods over 8ft long. Duckworths rod is 7ft 11in long (or approx "8ft" long), making it "tournament legal", for whatever method used.

Crappie tournaments do not have any rules regarding rod length. They only have to follow the state laws or lake laws on "numbers" of rods that can be used by one angler, at the same time.

The disclaimer statement - "but, remains tournament legal at 8ft" - was made in referrence to the Bass tournament ruling .... since the rod is a cross-species item. ............. cp

Source - B.A.S.S. Tournament rules - (copied) 6. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Use of dip nets is prohibited during tournament competition. The use of grippers in landing bass is prohibited. Only artificial lures may be used. No "live bait" or "prepared bait" will be permitted during official practice and competition, with the exception of pork strips or rinds. Only ONE casting, spin casting or spinning rod (8 foot maximum length from butt of handle to rod tip) and reel may be used at any one time. Other rigs as specified above may be in boat ready for use; however, only ONE is permitted in use at any given time. All bass must be caught live and in a conventional sporting manner. Anyone guilty of snatching or snagging visible fish will have his or her catch disqualified. When visually fishing for bedding bass, to be counted as a legal fish all bass must be hooked inside the mouth and must be verified by your partner before being unhooked.

Post Thanks / Like

would you classify the action as Light or Medium?

Post Thanks / Like

Default weight?

How much do they weigh compaired to a BGJP 102 and do you think they may come up with an extension handle for those of us who like a longer handle? I tightline with a pole in each hand and my shortest rod is 10' and am thinking of getting a couple of shorter ones. I like somewhat of a stiffer action than the BGJP 102, have a couple 10' Wally Marshall's and like that feel. I like BnM rods, have about 6, love the BGJP 112. Use it mainly during the spawn when they are on the banks. I also have 3 or 4 of the old Buck's Pro Jig Poles which seem to have a little heaver action, like that, but don't like the eyes on them. Glad they changed. Steve
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Bh ....

I would classify it as "medium". It's an IM6 graphite blank, and bends in a parabolic arch.
    It's not a UL, and it's got more backbone than a "lite".... and I wouldn't call it a "med light", either (that's what I would consider my Sam Heaton IM6 to be). And, considering that it balances pretty well with a 8oz reel (Mitchell 308X), I wouldn't classify it as a "light action" outfit. The rod blank is bigger/thicker than the Sam Heaton IM6 blank .. and, with the balance weight system, & longer rod blank, it is obviously a little heavier (in weight). .... cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

would like to try a couple of them . loked and didn`t see how to order at the special price .
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast