Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Product Code

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Product Code

I read somewhere about a new type of code that is suppose to eventually take the place of the UPC "universal product code" Does anyone know what the name of it is or anything about it and the way it is suppose to work?

Post Thanks / Like

There are numerous versions of the UPC. There are upgrades as time goes on. I believe the last upgrade waas in '05.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know there are numerous versions and past upgrades. I thought I read somewhere about a new one that is fixing to come out that is suppose to be somewhat different and is called by another name, not UPC. I thought maybe someone may know something about it. thanks Hanr3

Post Thanks / Like

In that case I believe this may be what your referring to. Below is a link to a New York Times report on it. Teh bar code of the future. Intneded to be used on everything. Point your cell phone at it and the digital information appears on your screen.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/01/business/01code.html
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!