Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay crooks

Post Thanks / Like

Angry ebay crooks

/rant

Gotta love ebay crooks.
    Modus Operandi:
    1. Post an item with no reserve and low start bid
    2. Wait until the last few seconds and bid with an account that's just created..

you can tell because the other accounts are new or have low bid counts.

/rant off

Didn't used to be that bad when it first came out.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The "bay" is filled with all sorts of nuts! What floors me is why people will pay more for used crap, by as much as 50% of the new price at a local retailer, AND you get the warranty!

How dumb are they? My wife sometimes makes money buying and selling toys that are out of production. $20 toy new, is now a $200 toy once it's been discontinued. Buy the $20 toy for $30, receive it, let the kids play with it a while, then resell on ebay at a mark up of 500 or a 1000%.

NOW, PLEASE- don't even tell me, there is no such thing as a stupid person.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

ROFL.. well these were obviously either:
    1. Experienced ebayers who have multiple accounts with no stats...
    or
    2. Shill bidders..

I only say that because the bids were sniper bids (done within the last 15 seconds of the auction).

I need to start selling stuff from my house... lots of toys and stuff..
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

All you need is an additional credit card for another account. You would think they could use another system like social sec #'s or something that you should not have more than one of.

Post Thanks / Like

No way I'm putting my SS# on an Ebay application.....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought many things off of ebay over the years and have never had to pay more than I could buy it new.

I snipe my final bid during the last ten seconds. Anyone bidding on anything on ebay is a fool to bid before the final seconds, it only builds the price up.

It's the no reserve that attracts most buyers. If the item up for bid is a decent item, and the price is reasonable at the time, just bring up two windows, one with your bid, click the Bid Now and the Confirm bid screen will come up, during the last 10 seconds, just click, "Confirm Bid" and wait to see if you've won the item. The other window open to the same item will be used to continuously refresh during the last minute to get a time left to bid update.

It's that simple. The ones to watch out for are those that are fairly new and the out of Country bids.

The feedback forum can tell alot about who you're dealing with.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    No way I'm putting my SS# on an Ebay application.....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn't either. Just using that as an example. Someway of only allowing one account. Maybe drivers license number?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah if you bid on an item before the last minute or two, you're wasting extra money... It's funny though, people will lock on one item they want to bid on and want to win it no matter what it costs when they could go find a buy it now auction for less...see it all the time with deer stands.

Post Thanks / Like

What I do is enter my max bid I will pay. No matter the time. Sniping doesn't matter then. I will pay 5.00 then that is all I would bid anyway. The system will place the bid for you in a counter to other peoples bids.
    When I use to make and sell jigs years ago it would floor me how people would get into the competition. I would have 5 auctions of the same type jigs. One would start selling and people would compete to win that one auction. It may sell for 20.00 when they could bid on one of the others for 5.00. Crazy aint it???
    Some people are truly addicted to bidding.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    I've bought many things off of ebay over the years and have never had to pay more than I could buy it new.

I snipe my final bid during the last ten seconds. Anyone bidding on anything on ebay is a fool to bid before the final seconds, it only builds the price up.

It's the no reserve that attracts most buyers. If the item up for bid is a decent item, and the price is reasonable at the time, just bring up two windows, one with your bid, click the Bid Now and the Confirm bid screen will come up, during the last 10 seconds, just click, "Confirm Bid" and wait to see if you've won the item. The other window open to the same item will be used to continuously refresh during the last minute to get a time left to bid update.

It's that simple. The ones to watch out for are those that are fairly new and the out of Country bids.

The feedback forum can tell alot about who you're dealing with.
    Ditto! That's the way to either get a deal or loose it. Anything else is just running up the price. Some folks get into the price war and want to buy at whatever the cost of an item because theyre just caught up in the bidding war. Still enter the price you'd pay, just do it in the last few secs. Oh, another thing to take note of is the shipping fees. That'll get you too if you arent looking.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast