Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need A Smithville Report Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need A Smithville Report Please

I am going to Smithville this weekend. I would like to get a crappie report.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Hasn't ANYONE been on the lake? Burton's hasn't posted a report since 9/21.
    With the cold, the rain and the Corps releasing water, I don't know what to expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Boat is ready... Finish bowl of cereal and I'm out the door... Tempted to leave "Crappie.com" stickers on the docks and bridge pillars... Maybe SOMEONE will post a report

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a lot of small crappie caught in the spillway Fri.morning,I caught a 10 and 12 # flathead,old man got a 50 pounder I helped him land,no net,hand sore this morning :D

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! 50lb cat... Don't think I'd kill a fish that's nearly as old as the lake, though.

I got a late start yesterday... one man was returning as I launched... said he'd caught a dozen keepers 8' down at the "W" bridge. The guy at the bait shop had said that some fish were moving shallower... 4'-6' over main lake grass beds but I didn't find any shallow fish. Ended up catching a half dozen small ones and one keeper 10'-12' down on the windward side of the bridge pilings where "W" crosses Owl Creek... Always a good place to keep from getting skunked but not a place to look for slabs. Beautiful day, though... Didn't mind not catching dinner. Plan to try again Mon or Tue (Ain't retirement great?)

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Never said the fish was killed,just helped him land it,took a few pics ,released it.....But if he wanted to keep it,that was his right.Its an old argument-and I won't change anyones mind on some anon. internet board.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about his right to keep or release the fish... I just like to think of the monster lurking to give someone else the thrill of a lifetime (Jaws music, please)... Mark