Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Quick Lube?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Quick Lube?

I'm goin to take my Taco truck in for an oil change tommorow and decided im not gonna go to the Toyota dealership cause I'm too tempted to buy or trade in for a real "beach buggy" plus I need to use the time and leftover money I have available to hunt down some Sputnik sinkers for the Racoon. Does anybody go to a Quick Lube place like Speedee Oil Lube, Havoline Xpress Lube, Valvoline instant oil change? I know the Racoon goes to the JIffy Lube cause he has an account with them but I didnt like wut JL did to my Taco the last and only time I took it there like spill oil over motor, force sell me an air filter, bust off battery terminal cap, and try to find me stash of goodies. They found wut was causing a stinky stench in my truck, Lost Gulp packet :p They dont give Racoon any trouble. He'll be on em like flathead cat on bream
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

I do all my oil changes.
    The quicky lubes hire low cost labor. Tools cost money. When you have little money to spend on tools you buy what will get you buy, not always the right tool for the job.

Check to see what kind of oil they use.
    Ask waht thier policy is on replacing engines due to a lack of oil?
    How difficult will it be to meet their requirements for at fualt.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How about when they crossthread the drain plug? Or lose the washer off the plug and wrench it down so tight you can't hardly get it back off. I change my own oil too!!

Post Thanks / Like

i stopped going to oil change places when they started hocking all their overpriced wares like new wiper blades or air filters that have close to 500% markup

i used to tell them straight up i just want and oil, filter and lube the points but then they wanna hassle ya.

just change my own now and take the used oil back to autozone. it's a little more trouble but worth it imo to do it right and not worry that the filter is under/over tightened or the plug gets left off or torqued down so hard it is almost impossible to remove.

peace of mind is priceless.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

I too change my own oil and do the small mech. stuff, but I have the luxury of a pole barn and tools.

If I were to take it in, I would take it to a mechanic shop that works on vehicles NOT a quick oil change place. Find a place that you know, or has good references. I have a little place down the road that I have dealt with for years...they know me...I know them.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to take mine wal-mart, I could walk around and look at stuff while i waited, but then i found out the Chevy dealership was cheaper and more convienant. I used to do my own but had to stop when i could no longer bend my arm 90 degrees in two different spots at the same time to get to the filter, plus disposing of the used oil was a hassle. I went to a Havoline Express one time and when i went in the smell of pot smoke was so strong i had a contact high before i got outa there.
    Last edited by fishinRod; 09-17-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    I used to take mine wal-mart, I could walk around and look at stuff while i waited, but then i found out the Chevy dealership was cheaper and more convienant. I used to do my own but had to stop when i could no longer bend my arm 90 degrees in two different spots at the same time to get to the filter, plus disposing of the used oil was a hassle. I went to a Havoline Express one time and when i went in the smell of pot smoke was so strong i had a contact high before i got outa there.
    I have a Jeep and the dealership is $5-$10 cheaper than Quick-Lube.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

like a flathead cat on bream, eh? I don't think ole pop's back would allow him to do that:p Try Jiffy Lube, and if they give you a hard time, don't go back! It's that simple. I understand that it may be a little difficult for you to do the changing yourself, so why don't you get your old man to help you out?
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.