Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Patrick Swayze

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze passed away today after a 2 year battle with cancer. He will be remembered for his dancing and acting in movies such as Dirty Dancing, Road House and Ghost for years and years to come. RIP bud.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were him, I'd visit Phoebe Cates as a ghost instead of Demi Moore. Although Ms. Moore is very hot, Phoebe is still on the mind dating back to Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Mr. Swayze has been looking like walking death for awhile now. Hope he had his slate in order for the Maker.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    If I were him, I'd visit Phoebe Cates as a ghost instead of Demi Moore. Although Ms. Moore is very hot, Phoebe is still on the mind dating back to Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Oh, man ... Phoebe Cates ... that brings back memories. I saw "Mr. Skin" on TV recently. He rated that pool scene in "Fast Times" as the greatest ever. Hard to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Mr. Swayze has been looking like walking death for awhile now.

He lasted a long time for somebody with pancreatic cancer. A guy in my office just died from it. He lasted three weeks after he was diagnosed.

Sorry to see him go. I always liked "Road House".

Post Thanks / Like

He was a talented actor and I respected his openess about his cancer. As stated I hope he made peace with God. Been trying to think of a movie of his I didn't like...can't think of one. Was very diverse. Rest in Peace. You can leave a note on his Memorial page at this link.

Patrick Swayze (1952 - 2009) - Find A Grave Memorial

Post Thanks / Like

I too liked all his movies. Watched his 60 minute special with Barbra Walters some time back-pretty touching! He sure seemed at peace with the Man upstairs and Vowed not to give up! Rest In Peace Patrick and God be with your wife!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite was Red Dawn. What a great movie. If you have not seen it please rent it and check it out.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Dawn was also my favorite. But he had many good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver View Post
    Patrick Swayze passed away today after a 2 year battle with cancer. He will be remembered for his dancing and acting in movies such as Dirty Dancing, Road House and Ghost for years and years to come. RIP bud.
    You are close to where I met him a few times-first Tom Chauncy Arabians and then Karho Farms, both on Bell Rd in Scottsdale, mid-late 80s.
    He had a passion for Arabian horses and was very involved for a good number of years in the higher echelons of Arabian breeding. And showing in particular. My actual interaction with Swayze himself was minimal, we mighta spent 30 min in each others presence but he always struck me as "in character" from what I knew of his persona. In that he was the same guy that the personality from his roles portrayed him as. I think that was really him. He just had the knack to remember his script lines but dint have to change his tone of voice or really stray far from his actual self in doing so.
    I dont get star-struck much but he was the kind that took his horses as a relief from the acting world and enjoyed his time at the barns. He would also sit with me as a farrier and pick my mind as to the condition of his horses' hooves, and ask things horse-related that told me he dint come from that background but had the $ and interest to get into it. I always thought well of him for asking a guy like me a question that he knew, and was obviously a question that a conceited person would be scared to ask just because they asked it. He had the bucks to buy in and was genuinely interested. A little-known fact that will no doubt not have a place in the headlines is that he was a good friend of Wayne Newton, who is also an Arab freak and has a place just outside Vegas in Logandale, NV. Aramus Arabians.
    Something I would like to share to those of you bigtime fans and sorry he died is this, and I have some pics taken back then where I will tell you that his ol lady was never without him, or him her. She was pretty knowledgeable in her own right, but just seeing the 2 of em just for a cpl min would show even the most blind that they were a team, was kinda neat for me to see at the time when yur head is fulla sterotype Hollywood celebs that use, abuse, and end up fodder on gossip TV. I have met a few marqee names and most treated everyone they dealt with in the "common world" like indentured servants dodging a beating if the oatmeal had lumps in it. He seemed to not have lost touch on how his boots went on in the morning, and could make his own coffee.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Damn good story Shoer!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Reaper. It is what it is I guess. I took a few moments after posting, having re-read it and thought if it came out as I meant it.
    My stupid fear was that someone would see me as another cat with a I Met Mariln MonRoe story.
    I guess some things can never be portrayed just as exactly as you feel the need for them to be, but after all this I came to realize a stupid, insignifigant thing that has no reason to rock my world, but still came as a kinda new awareness of myself:
    I have met just a very few handful of stars or celebs. I have worried way more over some horses that had a way bigger stock in my world than any human, but anyway I came away after reading myself really knowing & realizing sumthin I had not ever seen in myself or recognized. I think it has gone both ways too, not just my experience with them. I have never had the jitters I imagine some would feel when in that situation so thus I have never felt like putting on airs, being anyone other than me, and dealt with em on first a professional basis regarding the horse, but had some fun and felt & picked my way outta curiuosity to see who I was dealing with. Maybe this sounds like demented spew from a bored dude, but I gotta say kinda fun and no harm to anyone.
    Maybe more specific, or explanatory is that I can only imagine in my worst nightmares the lack of privacy/papparazzi, tabloids, all that, that has to be a burden just because you are who ya are and happened upon stardom & success. Sure ya boost yurself into a league that few knowand wealth, no worry, all that. But I have always thought that has to be a price to pay for ending up at the top of yur game. I mean, I dont approve at all but just the dust that follows the storm.
    The thing that makes me know this is so is that without a fault, (and common sense dictates) that when you get rich, famous in a media way, you have more hounds biting at yur ankles than anyone should ever be faced with. I said I mighta spent 30 min with Swayze but that aint 30 min where he was on location. 30 min total me & him in a shoeing stall, some of it horse-related, but alot just BS. What I mean is a person in that position just letting it out and breathing a sigh of relief at having a few minutes to do day-to-day crap like Bsing with the farrier or talking to the vet.
    Dirty Dancing was just out within the year before I met him and he was at the top of his game. I talked to Centerdriver on this thread and I think it was 87 I saw Dirty Dancing at my friends place in Glendale, AZ.
    People come and people go. This guy entertained alotta folks and will be missed.
    I heard on the news today that 3 outta 4 folks diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer die within the first year.
    If I ever should find myself having it, I am gonna shoot for the 1 outta 4 dont, but I wanna know a little more about life expectancy after that year. Living 366 days would not be funny I mean. But look at it positively- better than 364 days and all yur friends are calling you a wuss for not making it a year.
    Last edited by horseshoer; 09-15-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast