Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talking Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talking Fishing

I'm interested in what others talk about when fishing. I personally talk politics more than any other subject.

I had a best friend of over thirty years that died in '06. We knew each other so well, as if we had been married for the entire time. We were completely one eighty apart on politics. We consistantly told each other just how stupid the other was for believing what we believed.

We knew each others spouses and children, parents, brothers and sisters, and they knew us. David was probably the single person I've met that I would do anything for if needed. I'm in regular contact with his now adult children and will do anything to help them within my means.

Those who don't educate themselves enough to understand the politcal scene can't handle the subject, thus choose to ignore it.

David and I were so much alike in many ways, and so far apart in other ways. We didn't always talk about politics. We talked about life, work, and about anything most would discuss while fishing.

I did find out one thing by knowing David for all those years, and that it is possible to love another man without being gay.

I miss him very much, he was such a great friend.

What's the topic in your boat??
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I think jwhite and billbob are very close....though they seem to not be so obvious when I'm around....you know fish talk is rarely ever discussed, and if so it is by me, talking fish is one thing and actually doing it is another, like pulling cranks, that is new to me.
    Last edited by fishingpox; 09-13-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    I think jwhite and billbob are very close....though they seem to not be so obvious when I'm around....you know hardly fish talk is ever discussed, and if so it is by me, talking fish is one thing and actually doing it is another, like pulling cranks, that is new to me.
    Rusty, are you still in MS?...If so, you need to get back across the bridge..:D Jeff will ruin you....

Jeff & billbob pulling cranks????
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Mister Don I made it home finally. That boy came up and drank a couple of beer sodies with me. He and his partners have a pretty impressive shop. I was amazed with all the toilets they have in there..must be a whole lot of shoo shoo'ing going on in there.

Post Thanks / Like

CR,
    It's rare to have a friend like that. I'm sorry you lost him and hope we can help a little with our friendship. No we can't come close to that kind of friendship but we can still share and give a damn about stuff that happens to each other.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Craig

Good memories are all I have of my dearest friends. I am the only one left.

I have met some very fine folks here on c dot com. Many call Brenda and I just to check on us. Makes me feel good. They accept me as I am, even the BS I "indulge in" on this forum.

Hard to get my goat. I love "engagements". I am always right.

Your pal

Tom

ps

Ain't left for lake yet. I have to walk my neighbors doggie first. Dang dog won't grunt on command.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

moor training on the dog
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i must admit, you call things like you see it. i admire that in anyone. it will always be right to be truthful.:D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Good memories are all I have of my dearest friends. I am the only one left.

I have met some very fine folks here on c dot com. Many call Brenda and I just to check on us. Makes me feel good. They accept me as I am, even the BS I "indulge in" on this forum.

Hard to get my goat. I love "engagements". I am always right.

Your pal

Tom

ps

Ain't left for lake yet. I have to walk my neighbors doggie first. Dang dog won't grunt on command.

Post Thanks / Like

Reaper,

when my friend Jerry takes me fishing in his boat, he does most of the talking, and he covers the same wide range of topics, from politics to his wife, sons, and grandkids, to OSU sports and how they could be improved, one of his grandson's wrestling victories, spots where he's caught a bunch of crappie before, spots where we should be able to catch them, his fishing buddies and friends that have passed away, working at and retiring from OSU, hybrid stripers, quail hunting, deer hunting, how he's still figurin' out how to text, how he and his grandsons communicate by texting when they are in different stands and they see deer movement, jigs, stories of him growin' up poor in SE OK, coyote hunting, skin cancer, topwater stripers, other spots for crappie and who he fished them with, and a bunch of other stuff. Like I said, he does most of the talking and I like to listen, until we begin to speculate about what spot to try, then I'll start talking more.

Jerry is a good friend of mine. We met at the fishing dock here at Lake Carl Blackwell and he befriended me when I didn't know a lot of people in Stillwater. He invited me to his home and introduced me to his wife and family and kind of took me in; I always get invited to "come out to the house" and eat. He used to invite me out to his church every now and then, but he quit asking me since I've never taken him up on it. He has a nice, blue Ranger bass boat and he likes to take me fishing with him, usually for crappie. He just burned his arms when he was burning some brush out at his place, and I'm putting together a big assortment of hand-tied crappie jigs in a nice fly box for him. When I heard about the brush fire I called him and said if he needs anything from town, errands to run, or whatever, he can call me. But he's doing better now. I need to make more time for him. I get wrapped up in school and doing things with my other friends from school, having late nights, girlfriend, etc... But we'll fish a lot together this Fall.
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Dang CR! I had to read that dang post 3 times, before I understood what you was meaning! The first couple of times, I thought you were coming out of the closet, and I was getting a little worried, and startin to think that was why you were starting to agree with me. Thank the lord for reading comprehension. hahaha EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast