Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't get it. You knuckleheads have a place where..

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't get it. You knuckleheads have a place where..

you can mouth off all ya like, and yet so few pay it any visits. I mean seriously now boys, ya'll know full well I'm last guy on earth whose gonna ax a thread unless it's REALLY bad. It's your fault Beave, you won't come and play in the OTC, even Big E is a member and he still has all his arms and legs. Wuss!

God love ya, you boys are the best, but dangit it ain't like you don't have a little piece of heaven on the dark side in the OTC. Beave, come to the dark side. You don't realize the power of the dark side, come.
    Last edited by backtocrappie; 09-10-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this the Off Topic forum? I thought this was the place to discuss things not directly related to fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

yes this is the off topic forum, but if you read the rules there is not supposed to be politics or religion. There is a forum for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, let me clarify. The original OT forum is here. But due to a heavy amount of politics and religion, the site owner created the OTC board as listed on the OT board header above. THAT is where you take the extremes along with Pol/Rel issues. I moderate that board. If you look down on my posts you will see the banner for the OTC. You got crap you want to unload, that's where you take it and no amount of BS or lunacy bothers us there, in fact it's way more civil there.

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I never noticed that site before...not that I've posted political view points. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I registered, just forget to go over that way .
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I visit there every now and then out of complete and total boredom. The board is a bust.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

its quite possibly the silliest thing on the internet....the OTHER off topic forum...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    I visit there every now and then out of complete and total boredom. The board is a bust.
    Is it a "bust" because the board sucks, or because it's not receiving due attention because it's too much trouble to click on the link? I realize the registering process seems a bit inordinate when we already have a system in place. But seriously, whats the big deal? Everyone wanted a place to have a shouting match, they got it, and half of them don't even use it, yet still find time to complain about the deleted threads in this board?

The OTC has 55 members and still growing. I think that's far more than the amount of regulars coming here. Yet the extra effort required to make those left clicks has people hesitating or stopping. Makes no sense to me, but what do I know? I've never seen a candy dish stay full, but this one is in plain view and virtually untouched. And it isn't like the mod is all gung ho ready to ax threads, and scrutinize the language editing every little thing. I check it for new entry's, edit a the occasional curse word and I'm done. Haven't seen any flame jobs, no attacks, no poo flinging, been pretty civil all things considered. I'd bet if it were girls in bikinis you boys would send a packet overflow to the server knocking it offline from all the click click click click click..

Not speaking for Slab or anyone else but from my own personal observations, my suspicions on these boards is that one day someone is going to say or do the wrongest of wrong, and that will be that. No more OT's, or one so highly moderated that nothing along the lines of politics, religion, or social issues will be tolerated ever, and IP/user bans could become the name of the game.

The choice is yours

Post Thanks / Like

I think Beave and J.C. would get along just fine, what ya think btc?
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast