Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ncaa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ncaa

I am just wondering why the NCAA has a problem with the details of the case against Florida State being available for public record. I think the NCAA has something to hide. I believe they like to cause problems for big time schools (except for USC) just so they can hamper the success of some of the better programs. I feel bad for Bobby Bowden and hate that he may be losing these wins he had. I mean if it is determined FS was in the wrong then I see the reason for punishment, but you gotta feel for the guy. I hate Florida State, but I respect a good coach. I mean why would you want to hide something unless you felt like there was something wrong with it?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not about to say Coach Bowden ever did anything wrong.

I think many of the NCAA rules are draconian. Often what the schools get busted for are lesser charges than what is suspected because they can not prove the real vioations.

Billions of dollars are made off of the talent of these young athletes.

Pressure to win puts many of the coaches in a position to push the limits.

I think one of the best things to clean up college athletics would be to suspend the coaching staff from the industry anytime their program was found to be dirty. If a program gets probation, the coaches often leave and get jobs at other schools. If they had to suspend their ability to make a living in this field it would be different.
    Gadget Man

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobby Knight is and always will be my favorite coach. He has style.

Football is full of meatheads.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"