Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best Rod Holder Placment/Installation on a Bowrider style boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Where is the best Rod Holder Placment/Installation on a Bowrider style boat?

I'm not wanting to drill holes in the boat but am concerned that if I mount holders on the windshield or bow rail/rod that it won't hold or may break the windshield. My profile has pictures of my boat.

I'd like to be able to fish for anything including stipers..

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinions.
    Jerry
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I did. I cut a 3/4 piece of plywood to fit the front and then painted it and mounted the rod holder to it. That way I can remove it when I am not fishing. I cut a hole so the seat pedestal will help hold it in place when towing.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I notice you have a cleat on the bow and it looks like maybe one on each rear corner of the boat.....

Somewhere on this site I saw a bracket that clamps to a cleat.....than you attach a rod holder to the bracket...

Maybe someone can post a link to it ......while I'm looking for it in the search....

Found it....http://www.cleatclamp.com/
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

awesum suggestions so far. I was looking at my boat today and noted there's a storage area at the stern behind the engine for a cockpit cover. I have the cover out of the boat and will probably be putting it in the shed. I wonder if I can make some kind of rig that would store in that space?

Might be good for trolling (although I'm not sure my main motor will troll slow enough for crappie jigs without a sea anchor or speed plate).

ty in advance.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Look at my rod holder bases for cleats

Look at our bases that attach to cleats with no holes or scratches. I have sold several to members of this site so someone could give you kickback besides me. As a guide, I use them and have ever since I invented them about 10 years ago. Extreme Fishing Concepts

I have also done the plywood thing years ago before my bases and I liked it. I had an open bow boat and converted it to a bass boat that way.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

driftmaster has rail mount bases, put 2 or 3 on each side and you good to go.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wait a Minute

I just took a look at your pictures. By all means use the Driftmaster round rail clamps. They are sturdy and yet able to be moved from place to place. They attach quickly with only pliers and a screwdriver. You will need to know what size the rails are on your boat. The clamp style bases come in 7/8 and 1 inch sizes. You will need to know what size your rail is. Most boats use 1 inch rails but not all of them.
    Check them out. Extreme Fishing Concepts

Yadkin Guide

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Using an electric motor to troll, mounted front or rear, is a cake walk. A friend had a 16' tri hull and locked his TM straight ahead and used the big motor for steering. Tilting it up and down can help adjust speed also. I'm just talking trolling here. Didn't see boat pics when I viewed profile, so I don't know if your TM is front or rear. Just my 2 cents, you've already got great advice on the holders. The plywood covering the front is a great idea, don't forget to seal it and cushion it from your gel coat. Tight lines.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

awesum! ty. I found a trolling motor that mounts to my main motor but it's pricey so I'll be saving until probably next year IF I ever get it. I'll definitely like the ideas so far. I also found a storage area for a cockpit top that we don't use. Wondering if I can use that to mount a removable pipe/bar setup with multiple rods... lots of possibilities. I'll probably focus on getting the truck fixed and getting out on the water and worry with adding rod holders..etc over the winter when things slow down. That should set me up for next year.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw one of the TM's you're talkin about used somewhere, keep your eyes on the swap page. Never know what's gonna pop up.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast