Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What time is best?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What time is best?

Here in Northern Indiana what would be the best bite time for Crappie in the Fall season? Morning or Afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Varies, I would think...

..not one perfect answer, of course you won't know unless you go.....but probably mornings better until water cools off; then later in fall, until spring I would think evening better cause it would allow water to heat up some during day..... course that's just my opinion, but in any case good luck to ya :D....then there is always night time.....ie..the RIGHT time...best in my opinion...
    Last edited by KARL; 10-09-2005 at 04:32 PM.
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday day, it was in the afternoon and today it was in the morning...go figure? But the weather was different each day, yesterday east wind and a front moved in, today no wind and cloudy sky. It never hurts to go fishing, the way I look at it.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have had better luck in the mornings. We usually catch fish any time we go at night, but I have not had a lot of luck in the evenings. Then again, I don't fish a lot in the evening.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Some areas where I fish you can only catch them mostly in the daytime and some areas only mostly at night. Funny thing is, the areas are not far apart. When it gets colder, as someone already said, later in the morning after the water warms up is generally better from my experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

I go late afternoon. I usually go for walleyes in the morning and crappie in the afternoon. The best of both worlds.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Here in Northern Indiana what would be the best bite time for Crappie in the Fall season? Morning or Afternoon
    I am from NE Indiana and usually have my best luck right before sunset and a couple hours after dark. However, I have caught crappie early in the morning, in the rain, in the wind, when it is cloudy, when is sunny, in the middle of the afternoon in the heat, so really anytime is good to fish for crappie, you just have to find the fish at that certain time of day.

If you have a boat, you should try night fishing sometime. It is the most relaxing way to fish for crappie in my opinion, and very simple. Anchor in a good spot, set up lanterns over side of boat, and put minnows under a slip bobber. Jig them up and down every few seconds and before you know it the crappie will school in. Once you know the fish are there and actively biting, I then sometimes just use a jig.

Post Thanks / Like

me and karls thinking the same. anytime from sundown to sunup gets my nod.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the twilite hours just before sunup or sundown are the best for crappie. Overcast days are usually better.