Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tournament Results and pics

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament Results and pics

ANother great day for the SACA. Congrats to everyone who fished. We all walked away with at least a door prize. Your winner was Mr. Jeff White and his crankbait techniques. He was able to find the bigger fish with a bigger profile bait. When the sun popped out he caught his fish. Second place was Mr. Bevin Berry and Scott Hester. 2 very good fishermen who sideways troll with homemade jigs and Kentucky type rigs. David Waters finished third fishing Kentucky rigs, Brad Whitehead in 4th fishing a combination of several different techniques. The team of Keith Dodd/Donald Ledbetter and Jim Lovett/G.C. Nichols all brought in fish to the weigh-in.

The SACA has a new Sponsor. It is Milner Rushing. They were nice enough to donate $150 worth of door prizes. Thank you very much. It really makes the tournaments extra special with this kind of help from our sponsors. Everyone went home with a door prize and a smile .

Here are some of the tournament results

Jeff White 5.09 lbs
    Berry/Hester 5.00
    Waters 4.75
    Whitehead 3.82
    Lovett/Nichols 2.97
    Dodd/Ledbetter 2.94

Big Fish
    Jeff White 1.20
    Berry/Hester 1.10

Here are some pictures:

Bevin and my ugly mug
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by David Waters; 10-09-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

your winner Jeff White

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Jim Lovett and his door prize

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Keith Dodd traveled a long way to fish with us. Here he is with his plano tackle box door prize provided by Milner Rushing. That's Brad Whitehead in the back drawing the names out of the minnow bucket. Looks like he is cheating, doesn't it! He did draw his own name for the fillet knife!! :D :D
    Last edited by David Waters; 10-09-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is Mr. Ledbetter. It was certainly good to see him fishing again. He won a minnow bucket provided my our new sponsor Milner and Rushing
    Last edited by David Waters; 10-09-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

this is Bevin Berry, in the flesh. He doesn't look real excited, but he will contend in every tournament he fishes. One tough competitor.

Post Thanks / Like

This is Scott Hester. He is not only a great fishermen, but is one of our finest Band Parents. He builds everything for us and takes care of the behind the scenes issues. A real classy person. He and Bevin took second place. He will need that money to help pay for his sons speeding ticket last night!!.

Post Thanks / Like

This is Ken Zion. Took home a nice door prize and is one of those people that you are just glad you know. He attends everything associated with the SACA. Good job at the tournament Ken. When my house is finished, he will be my new next door neighbor.
    Last edited by David Waters; 10-09-2005 at 09:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't be more proud of this guy. Jeff White is a master crankbait fishermen. He travelled a long way to fish a lake he only prefished a couple of times and stuck to his guns. He won the tournament, caught the big fish, and won a very nice DEATH STAR as a door prize.

I bet I caught over 40 fish today by myself. I got on a 20' drop off that was a big ledge. It was holding fish like crazy. I let the lunker get off. She was at least 16" long. As soon as my hand touched the net, she pulled off. She took off like a dart. It made me sick, but I was still catching fish. All of my fish were decent size, but just not big enough. Jeff passed me about 8:00am and I was already culling fish. He only had one fish. I told him how I was catching them, but he said "I am going to give this crankbait bite a while longer before I slow down". It really paid off. He knew he would get the bigger bite on those canks, and it sure worked for him. Bevin and Scott were sideways trolling over brushpiles and catching al ot of fish also. They caught the second biggest fish of the tournament just before the weigh-in. ALl my fish came on Kentucky rigs with minnows only. Bevin and Scott caught theirs on homemade hair jigs and minnows. Brad caught some fish with a cork and minnow in some blowdowns, and casting some brush also.

I want to thank Brad Whitehead and Jeff Barnes for all the help witht he tournament. It certainly was a success. Look forward to the next one on December 10th on Wilson Lake. Our next meeting will be Monday, December 4th same place same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, David.... good photos and text. Thanks for sharing with us!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast