Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: September 1, Dove Season

Post Thanks / Like

Default September 1, Dove Season

So, anybody else getting nothing done at work today cause you know you buddies are gonna be blastin' doves at noon?

I'm taking off later this week to do some shooting myself. Hopefully they'll leave a few for me :D.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

good luck later when u get to go,the field i hunt we will be shooting it saturday ,hope we have a good shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck BC, not much shooting here, they won't be cutting any silage for a couple of weeks yet, a buddy of mine went to a state park to shoot dovesthis afternoon, 13 doves and two boxes of shells ha ha ha, (going to the gun club tonight)

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not about Crappie, or even about fishing. But it is about friendship and an invitation. As some of you might remember, today was the opening day of Dove season. Where I used to live this was not something I participated in for several reasons. Since being in TN I haven't missed an opening hunt, and today was no exception. The fun and comradarie (spell check) were super, and the birds flew. If you want to go, message me and we will do it. Or I will just hook you up with the site which is TWRA managed. 10 minutes from my house, and free with the proper licenses. Yes, I got my limit, but had an exceptional day and would still have this smile regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    It's not about Crappie, or even about fishing. But it is about friendship and an invitation. As some of you might remember, today was the opening day of Dove season. Where I used to live this was not something I participated in for several reasons. Since being in TN I haven't missed an opening hunt, and today was no exception. The fun and comradarie (spell check) were super, and the birds flew. If you want to go, message me and we will do it. Or I will just hook you up with the site which is TWRA managed. 10 minutes from my house, and free with the proper licenses. Yes, I got my limit, but had an exceptional day and would still have this smile regardless.

Well, I am even less productive today than I was yesterday. This morning my buddies were scouting a field that they wanted to hunt this afternoon. He said as the first doves started to streak through, they heard a bunch of honking in the distance. They watched as a huge wad of Canadas cleared over the tree line, dropped the landing gear, and lit right in our dove field . Unfortunately for the geese, early goose season also opened yesterday :D. So my buddy called me right as I was walking in the door to work and told me that they aren't gonna shoot the field for doves at all today, but that I should bring some goose loads with me cause we're gonna do some field hunting for geese in the morning!!
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Heading out Saturday, can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

10 birds saturday and 10 today ,must be my lucky number.when we were fixing to leave the field around noon today 50geese landed in the pond on the other end of the field.