Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle Hull Warranty???

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle Hull Warranty???

Does anyone know how long War Eagle warranties their hulls? My rivets on my front deck were loose so I decided to replace them yesterday and when I took my front deck off I found 4 broken welds and several others that look like a 2 year old may have welded them. It is some of the ugliest welding I have ever seen under there, I also have two cracked welds on the ribs in other areas of the boat. If it is still under warranty do you have to take it back to the factory to have the work performed? Also it came stamped from the factory as a 2072 and after measuring it, it turns out that it is a 2060. I guess I should have measured it before i bought it but I just assumed since it was stamped at the factory it would be correct. Not very pleased so far with this boat. It is a 2003 model and I am the second owner.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same boat, but havent had any problems with it, but then again ive never took the deck off. But as for the warranty, if its a 2003 model then i doubt its still under warranty but honestly Im not sure at all. It may have a lifetime warranty. What you should do is call Johnny Garret at Union City Marine (the biggest war eagle dealership in TN) at 7318852903 and im sure he has an answer for any of your questions. If he cant answer then ask for Scott Dickerson. He is the war eagle sales rep for western TN and he hangs out there every now and then.
    Last edited by ReelfootSlabs; 08-16-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ReelfootSlabs I will give them a call for sure. Do you have a 2072 or 2060? It is my second WarEagle and I really liked the first one. Mabey I got a "Bad Apple". Oh well, it should'nt cost that much to have it fixed but it sure just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    Thanks ReelfootSlabs I will give them a call for sure. Do you have a 2072 or 2060? It is my second WarEagle and I really liked the first one. Mabey I got a "Bad Apple". Oh well, it should'nt cost that much to have it fixed but it sure just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    If you have a 2060, is it stamped as a 2072? Just wondering and thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2072 war eagle and have had lots of problems with the same thing as you. Mine is a 2005 and I run it hard but I talked to John Ward (owner of War Eagle) and he said he doesn't have problems with his boats and if he dose he makes it right. He had a truck come pick it up and take it back to the factory they replaced ALL the ribs and put some extra ribs in replaced the floor and repainted it and shipped it back no charge. All of this after I had already taken the floor out and re welded all the ribs twice. I was talking to a dealer about it and he is the one who called John and then John called me. I was very surprised.
    www.Crappiepredator.com
    www.Rendlakefishingguides.com
    618-472-4763

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a 2060, is it stamped as a 2072? Just wondering and thanks.
    As far as i know its a 2072. I have never measured it. Like you, I am the second owner, but mine is a '07 model. Most of my friend have war eagles as well and one of my buddies had the same problem and War Eagle repaired it at no cost. But he had to carry his boat to them. They didnt come get it. Good luck and hope it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent the factory an Email as well as some pics of the cracked welds as well as some of the welds that looked to be substandard. I also called them to verify they got the email and was told that John Ward would be giving me a call back. I'll wait and see what happens. I might have just gotten a bad apple and have to live with it. Oh well it won't be the last time I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent the factory an Email as well as some pics of the cracked welds as well as some of the welds that looked to be substandard. I also called them to verify they got the email and was told that John Ward would be giving me a call back. I'll wait and see what happens. I might have just gotten a bad apple and have to live with it. Oh well it won't be the last time I'm sure.
    Well keep us updated on how it turns out. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Well, just as I was told John Ward gave me a call. He said, as I expected, that there was really nothing he could do about the 2072 stamp on a 2060. He said that there was really no way of knowing if it had been tampered with or replaced after it left the factory. I really don't blame him. As for the broken welds, he is gonna fix every one of them at no cost to me. I thought that was really a great way to do business and shows me right there that he stands behind his product. The boat is out of Warranty and he could have easily told me to get lost. He said that if I will give him notice that he will see to it that the repairs are done while I wait. Saving me an extra 3 hour round trip from Memphis. He certainly has my business from here on out. I am even going to have them put a new floor and vinyl the front and rear deck while I am there(for an additional cost of course).

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, just as I was told John Ward gave me a call. He said, as I expected, that there was really nothing he could do about the 2072 stamp on a 2060. He said that there was really no way of knowing if it had been tampered with or replaced after it left the factory. I really don't blame him. As for the broken welds, he is gonna fix every one of them at no cost to me. I thought that was really a great way to do business and shows me right there that he stands behind his product. The boat is out of Warranty and he could have easily told me to get lost. He said that if I will give him notice that he will see to it that the repairs are done while I wait. Saving me an extra 3 hour round trip from Memphis. He certainly has my business from here on out. I am even going to have them put a new floor and vinyl the front and rear deck while I am there(for an additional cost of course).

He (John Ward) took care of my problems. He called me and told me he would take care of it and he did. This says it all.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast