Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie tuesday night

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie tuesday night

after a little looking last night me and tool found us a good lookin hole and crawled in. we went north of the bridge this time instead of our usual haunts in big allison and nearby areas hoping to find some hungry fish. after the anchors was set, the lanterns lit, lights put out, butts scratched and snot blowed out we settled down and right off the bat tool had one on, asking for the net. Before the night was over i was to hear that phrase many times, "Rango, i need the net" so i was the official net boy for the beast last night. tool had nine fish in the cooler before i caught my first one and had me in a sweat nettin fish for him. after only catching two fish off the back i moved my operation to mid boat beside tool and my catch increased considerably. I dont know what it is about mid boat of the beast, but the seats there seem to almost always pay off for whoever gets em. I fished off one side and tool off the other. the water was dingy and 95% of all fish was caught around 2 to four ft below the boat. the long poles i usually use was not doing nothing so i abandoned em for some of the short ultralites and my bite increased. the fish was hittin in the bright lights, just under the surface. we also caught some really nice slabs out in the dark water under lit corks. the fish bit really good up till about one and from one till we quit at three thirty or so, we only caught a half dozen if that many. i figgered the bite would be good when i heard the water on wylie was being pulled. falling water is good water to fish in.by the time it was all said and done, we had caught 44 keepers, of which 14 was fairly nice slabs of a pound or better. the rest was good chunky lifters and we dint pick one tater chip, which was different from the past few outings when we took in a lot of em.. tool also caught a nice gar which give him a decent run for his money before the net was slid under him. the final tally for the night was 44 crappie, 14 of em slabs, one gar, three thugs and one white perch. im estimating tool caught three fish to my one last night. He done a fantastic job in keeping on top the the critters thats for sure... the waters cooling and the fish are starting to hit so theres better days ahead.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hate I missed you guys.

I didn't get done with my work duties until late yesterday evening , so wasn't able to make the haul back from Blacksburg.Sounds like ya'll found some fish finally.Thanks for the report , I guess I'll get out this weekend if the weather dont swamp us.It seems to be up in the air right now.They are predicting this new hurricane to stall over tenn. and dump a hell of a lot of water on us all , even if we're just down stream out of the rain.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah,, the creeks gonna be rising again and its really gonna change things around like it usually does. the bite went very good for us , with a lot of slabs put in the cooler. i estimate we lost a half dozen at the boat before we could get em netted. Id have never thought the fish would be hittin as shallow as they was . wed let the bait down just to where you couldnt see it, and thats where they was hittin. go any deeper and you was fishing dead water, drowning minnows. and the long poles, which ive been using all summer was worthless. the fish was hittin right in the light and if you wasnt in it, you was wasting time . tool figgered all this out pretty quick while i was fishing long poles in dead water and when i made my adjustments i done all right, but by then he was so far ahead of me in numbers id resigned my fate to being whupped again. Ive fished with guys that would have swelled up like a big toad if theyd been in my shoes last night. watching these young fellers catch fish like tool did last night is more fun than going to the movies.. only thing i needed was a bag of hot popcorn. i did have something cold to drink tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips , I really want to give 'em a try before this weather hits.May have to bite the bullet tomorrow night and pull an all nighter.It's been a while since I was able to go without sleep.Would say I'm gettin old but dont want to offend anyone.I would go in the wee hours until dawn , but it seems from your post that they slowed down by then.I guess I'll make a decision tonight based on tomorrows weather forcast.Thanks again.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

what is a thug ?

slab_seeker Guest

Default What is a Thug?

A Thug is a long muscular fish with whiskers that crappie are known to hire to litterly destroy tiny reels while tangling lines. Has been known to cause severe cusing aboard the "Beast". Large quanities of alcohol is the only relief from a Thug attack.

Post Thanks / Like

very well said slab seeker. a perfect description of the little devils and how to combat em,,,,