Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bummed Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bummed Out

Just got word from the boat dealer that my 08 Lowe has 7 or 8 cracks down the keel. I ask if they had seen this before and the response was "OH YEAH", which did not make me feel good about the boat I decided on. Then I ask what could have caused it and the response was "It probably came from the factory with weak welds and or defects", so there again I am questioning my choice of boat.

So now it is off to the hospital (Factory) for surgery. Hopefully I will have it back in time to hit the fall spawn, but not holding my breath. Please pray for my boat during this trying time.

Has anyone had to send their boat back to the manufacturer for this type repair? If so how long did it take to get it back?

Thanks,
    OMEN

Post Thanks / Like

Well let's hope the manufacturers repair dept is filled with qualified employees that will make your boat right. Maybe someone on the production line was having a bad day when your boat was built. Hopefully the repair dept will take their time and make it better than new. Lowe certainly used to be known for quality and built some fine boats. With new boat sales in the toilet, they might be getting your boat fixed ASAP. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Not a knock against Lowe, but I'd strip that boat clean before it left my control......including the TM and the prop and I sure wouldn't leave so much as a light bulb in the compartments. Just way too much could come up missing with it changing hands so many times on the way back to the factory and home again and if something comes up missing/broken or messed up who is gonna take responsibilty for it.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess i will find out about their CS. I had always heard good things in the past but the way the world is today you never know what you will get. They may have to send it to China to be fixed.

I am still waiting word back from the dealer to let me know what the time frame looks like. Once I hear I will probably go take all the extras off of the boat.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-14-2009 at 01:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just my opinon, but, I would find me someone that could tig a row of dimes on those cracks in the local area and send them the bill or press for a replacement hull. I have never had this problem with the trackers I've owned, but good luck in what ever way you go.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 08-13-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Hull does have a lifetime warranty, but I have also thought about pressing for a new one. My thought was to let them fix their mistake this time and if it happens again, press for the new hull. This may be the wrong approach for the fact that I might get caught up in a constant problem if this particular hull is just a lemon.

Post Thanks / Like

Not the same deal, but in a similar situation, my uncle sent back his new tracker because of paint chipping, took about 3 months to get it back. Hope you have better luck than that.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Default tracker

sorry to hear that. sure glad i got the tracker. it has some bad points , but not that one. hope all turns out well.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

ask canepole he got all kinds of stuff for bad paint (bigger motor) poles ect.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope it does not take 3 months but who knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast