Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Guntersville Crappie

Got a few Oct 1, mostly on minnows, some on 1/32 oz jig had to vary depth, around structure. Water Temp 74-76, up a little. After sun came out bite got real slow. :o

Post Thanks / Like

olemule, what part of Guntersville do you fish? I use to fish the bridge at Honeycomb some and the bridge by the feed mills. I fish North Sauty every year. I usually start catching my fish around the bridges between now up until about the end of February.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    olemule, what part of Guntersville do you fish? I use to fish the bridge at Honeycomb some and the bridge by the feed mills. I fish North Sauty every year. I usually start catching my fish around the bridges between now up until about the end of February.
    Hello, crappieseeker, we were fishing in Polecat creek staying shallow most of the time. Have heard of some nice crappie being caught in North saute near old bridge, haven't been there yet myself. I did catch a few four weeks ago in Roseberry, again they were shallow and we caught them on 1/32 oz jigs with two inch curly tail grubs in Chartruse Shad color. By the way taht is our favorite way to catch crappie: cast and slow retreive on 4lb test line.

Post Thanks / Like

Roseberry, isnt that where the water from the county park in scottsboro meets the TN river? I didnt know the crappie would be there this time of year. I havent ever fished for crappie there, use to bass fish in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep> That is the area, we put in at the city park launch and fished in the big pocket on the right as you head out to the river. New housing area going in there. I went there to fish for bass with rats, but NO grass so we threw the jig hoping for anything to bite. First ones I have caught there in years.