Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another report from a different lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another report from a different lake

I went to another lake this morning. I got there and it was just lettin up from the rain. I started fiishing a buzzbait, with no success after about 30 min, i switched to a spinnerbait. Still nothing. I got one bite in about a foot of water with a wacky rigged senko. Im guessing it was only like a 4-5 incher biting on the tail. So i switched to a jig and still nothing to show fo it. With about an hour left i switched to an X-rap. I caught one small 5 inch bass that was as big as the lure. I had to fish follow it. One of them was another 5 inch bass that followed it until about 1 foot away form the boat. I had a good sized fish give it a look. Maybe like a 3-4 lber. The water was very clear. I saw the bass near my lure so i steered it right in front of my face, he gave it a quick look and then turned away. AFter everything was done i only had 1 5 inch fish to show for it. I tried deep and shallow with everything except a crank. Any advice anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Try top waters like a popper or a rapala and let them sit for a long time. In the clear water go down to about 30 feet for smallies and 20 for largemouth. Deep diving and suspending cranks are good right now.try dropshotting a reaction innovations flirt worm, or any sniper lure with about a 14 to 16 inch leader to the dropweight (structure and docks).. also carolina rig deeper stuff with a 3/4oz brass and glass, and this time of year dont be afraid to cast to one peice of cover multiple times.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

thanx, this lake use to be a sawmill and now has a bunch of dock supports spanning form shore out to about 20 feet. What would you suggest for these. I was thinking pitching a jig next to them but that didn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

A dropshot with a Reaction Innovations Flirt worm or a Sniper Bolt. A deep diving suspending crankbait is also something to try, like a luckycraft staysee. Really spend a lot of time(I'll make more than ten casts to one certain piece of cover or structure) working each piling because this time of year the fish are feeding but they wont move to far to eat something, a texas rig with a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver or outlaw tube is another thing to try; use brass and glass. Sit there and shake it for about 45 seconds then move it and repeat. Then reel it in and go to the next one.if you find shallow fish dont be afraid to throw a buzzbait or a spinnerbait at them.You'll get reaction strikes with them. Also dont be afraid to downsize your line. I got a 6lber earlier this year with 10lb test. I got a 6.5lb smallie on a 10lb leader. Just play them out and you wont have any trouble landing them on light line.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS