Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm surprised at Alumacraft.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm surprised at Alumacraft.

I will be buying a new boat this winter and am very interested in Alumacraft since I fished with a guy that has a 17'er that was a real sweet ride, had plenty of room, and was set up for my style of fishing. (I also currently own a 14' Alumacraft) My closest dealer is around 110 miles away but does not have any of the boats I'm interested in on his lot. I travel a lot for work and found a dealer that is 300 miles away that has two of the Alumacraft models I'm interested in. (Classic 165SC and Navigator 165SC) He does not however have the 17' model I'd like to look at. I contacted Alumacraft and asked if they could send me a DVD with pictures of the 17' model or a video showing the boat. Their response was that they are not "set up" to do that. I'm sorry but it's 2009, I can make a video with my cell phone and burn it on my computer and taking pictures is even easier. How can a national boat manufacturer not be "set up" to satisfy a perspective buyers request as simple as this one? I do have a BPS 30 miles from my house that has the models of boats I'm interested in (Targa 175SC and the Pro Guide V16SC) on their lot. Looks like Alumacraft is pushing me in that direction.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

saw a few nice ones on e-bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at their Web Page it shows all the boats. I have a alumacraft that I bought new and had a weld spilt 3 year old they paid a local welder to repair it no charge to me . even though it should have been pro-rated. They got my vote

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not pushing anybody, but I have owned trackers since 94 and they have taken everything I have thrown at them, roughest water at speed etc, they can take a lickin and keep on tickin. Polar Crafts are good ones too. Wasn't gonna say, but since rocket brought it up I have known some with that brand to have structural cracking that had to be welded also.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 08-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This seems to be a common theme with all manufacturers. I was very interested in a War Eagle Predator 861 and after talking with two dealerships I sent an email to John Ward the owner of War Eagle. He impressed me because he did call me back two days later and we had a very pleasant conversation. I thanked him for is time and he said he would get back with me. That was three weeks ago at least and I still have not heard anything back from him. I feel sure he will get back with me as he said he would. You never know nowadays. As bad as the economy is you would think any manufacturer would jump through hoops to satisfy or gain a potential customer.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved my tracker 16ft deep vee. It held up to everything i put it thru for 11 years. It eventually had rivet problems that were very annoying so i bought me a lund. A lot more money but a lot more boat. 1/2 a foot longer and almost 3ft wider. Powered it with a 90 honda 4 stroke and i'm good to go for many years to come. Hopefully, this is the last boat i'll need to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that Lund makes an excellent boat. There just isn't any LUND dealers in my area.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EARL KITCHENS View Post
    I have heard that Lund makes an excellent boat. There just isn't any LUND dealers in my area.
    Yeah, they pretty much are YANKEE boats. :D Google them and find the closest dealer to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    Look at their Web Page it shows all the boats. I have a alumacraft that I bought new and had a weld spilt 3 year old they paid a local welder to repair it no charge to me . even though it should have been pro-rated. They got my vote

rr, where was your broken weld located. I have had some welding done on some small cracks down the center of mine, and I was wondering if you had any trouble with it cracking again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    I've spent a lot of time staring at boats on their website but ultimately, I want to see the boat in person. I want to get inside the boat, move around, and get a feel for it.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast