Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Couldn't stand it any longer

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Couldn't stand it any longer

I have had a 997 setting in my livingroom for over a month. I want to set my motor back a foot so the 997 will have a clear shot side to side. Due to emergencies I havn't got to do the work. If you all remember I had broke my transducer on my Lowrance unit and I repaired it with JB WELD, I broke it while fishing last week. This time it bounced on the highway alot while i was coming home. It was to scarred up to repair again so I ordered another transcuder, one for the trolling motor mount, from Lowrance it was due in Monday the 3rd. I installed the 997 on the rear of the boat and can use it to look down and right and might be able to trip the engine enough to see left especially if I use the trolling motor for looking. Now my package arrived from Lowrance so I was going to have everything working for my fishing trip Monday. OOPS, someone goofed in shipping, got a 25' extension cable instead. I'll call them in the morning and they can send another package, this time they can use their seeing eye dog for proof reading. hehehe It happens. Oh well. I'm going to ride and look at my 997 tomorrow, might even turn the thing on too. Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

dont forget u need to be going at least 3.5 mph in order for the 997 to work. trim your motor up and it will work fine

Post Thanks / Like

That must have been torture to have the 997 sitting there but not able to use it. You must have nerves of steal.

Good luck on Monday. Let's see some pictures of your new honey-holes.
    Grego

Post Thanks / Like

Had my 997 for 3 summers now , it takes good picts anywhere in speed range of 2 to 4 mph just have your scroll speed adjusted accordingly. never heard of needing to be going at least 3.5mph.
    You may just need to trim your motor up 5 degrees or so, try it on water maybe a major change can wait til winter nothin like findin the structure/fish now.
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 08-03-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe what is down there. lol Man what I've been missing. I really like the looks of everything. I'll have to get use to it but it definately will be fun. It's going to let me see where to put out brush to be more productive. I think the motor move will be able to wait till cooler weather, I don't get the full shot to the left so I turn around and go back the other way and it shows real clear. My new transducer should arrive again in the next couple days for my 332c so I'll use it on my trolling motor and get the hovering to work for me. Still need to work on the jigging, got a couple guys on here that say they can help me on that, hope they have plenty of axe handles. hehehe
    Didn't take enough minnows cause I knew I'd be looking more than fishing but they were biting and cleaned me out of 2 dozen minnows pretty quick. Posted a picture on the Texas board with details. Ferdi aka Fred