Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: g 3 boat, 165 stick, t m foot contol mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default g 3 boat, 165 stick, t m foot contol mount

Looking for ideas on mounting foot control on floor. The t m cable drops straight off deck at a bad angle to the floor in front of the front seat. Thinking about extending the cable but dont like all the excess cable in the way. The deck is covered by a large lid that can be removed and I could possibly run the cable through the box. Not comfortable with the present set up but will fire up the saw if needed. Ideas and suggestions appreciated.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gritts, need to know what TM you have. Through the front box is how some mfg install them. Longer cables on the motors I saw in SC were 8', standard being 5'. More info please.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda curious as to why you would want the foot control to only be able to be used in one spot......if you ever fish two people up front then you would want to be able to move the foot control for which ever person would be running the TM..

That aside....I saw a gadget once that was a flat piece about 6 inches wide....about 24 inches long..and very thin....

The foot control was mounted on top of one end of the flat piece....the other end had a hole in it that the seat pedistal went thru as a "pivot" point..this allowed the foot control to be moved in an arch from side to side always the same distance from the seat pedistal....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

maybe U could post pict of present setup?
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

rnvinc, I just sold a stick steer and at most they're 4' wide, give or take a couple. side by side up front with no weight in the back would have been a real nervous situation. Mine was real light and the drive seat couldn't be moved. I used a power drive TM to solve the problem he is speaking of. PD motor has a constant on switch(handy when trolling), lacking in most hard cable foot control motors I looked at. Hard cable motors are tough to get laid out but I've seen a few that looked comfy. Keep us posted.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    rnvinc, I just sold a stick steer and at most they're 4' wide, give or take a couple. side by side up front with no weight in the back would have been a real nervous situation. Mine was real light and the drive seat couldn't be moved. I used a power drive TM to solve the problem he is speaking of. PD motor has a constant on switch(handy when trolling), lacking in most hard cable foot control motors I looked at. Hard cable motors are tough to get laid out but I've seen a few that looked comfy. Keep us posted.
    I keep forgetting my first boat was way too narrow for two people up front also...thanks skeetbum for bringin me back to reality....

1gritts..maybe you could post a picture of the front of your boat...I'm sure someone in here has an answer that will work for you...
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the reply.

The TM is a minn kota, maxxum. The boat is a G 3 Eagle, 165 P F. The boat is pictured on G 3 Boats with the TM cable running over the deck and the foot control on the floor.
    This is hard to describe but my issue is the cable coming off the deck to the floor which is 11" creating a bind on the cable even with the pedal elevated.

I'm leaning toward removing the lid over the deck, routing the cable underneath and creating more leg room.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post a couple pics of my Tracker 16PF and see if you could do that to yours.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I added a big foot TM switch so I wouldn't have to use the switch on the foot control.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

My G 3 set up is exactly as pictured.

Thanks for the pictures of your Tracker. I would not have thought of the push pull foot control and the big foot on the floor in a hundred years.

After I get this project completed I would like to move the front seat forward even if I have to buy a longer steering cable and bump my rear a little more..

Did you shorten the Tracker deck as well as move the front seat forward? Any unforseen problems if you did ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast