Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 gauge

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 gauge

I wanna hear some opinions from you guys. Here's the deal...

I have a Winchester Super X2 NWTF edition 12 gauge that I been trying to sell my buddy. It is a bada** turkey gun, but I don't hunt turkeys much anymore so I don't have a lotta use for it. Anyway, he says he wants to buy it, but he doesn't have the money right now. So he offered to trade me his Ithaca Mag-10 (10 gauge) for my Winchester SX2. If you are familiar with shotguns, the Ithaca Mag 10 is a historic gun. It is the gun on which the legendary Remington SP-10 is based upon. It is in great condition and is a remarkably smooth shot. Actually has less reciol than any of my 12 gauges. I'm just trying to decide if this is a worth while trade. I'd like to hear yall's opinions.

By the way, the gun would be used to hunt geese and high flying ducks.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

personally if its in good as shape you say it might be worth it.
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to take it and shoot some steel loads thru it and see how it cycles. I have one that belonged to my grandfather and it won't cycle everytime with steel shot. Also it has a fixed full choke so that is not the greatest either. Does his mag 10 have screw in chokes? That mag 10 is a lot of gun weight and size but it will put a whuppin on somthing. :D

I just sold a Browning Bps 10ga and got a Winchester SX3 and I love it so far.

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

Ask yourself. Do I have a need for a 10 ga. ?

Post Thanks / Like

all i can say is that 10ga will put a whoppin on some geese:D.if it has screw in chokes that u can shoot steel threw and u dont need the sx2.i think it would be a good trade.just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Rem sp 10 26inch barrel with screw in chokes i would be interested in trading with you

Post Thanks / Like

I retired my mag 10 several years back. The browning gold 10 leaves no cripples. Esp on the snows.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends how old it is, I wouldnt dare shoot the modern loads thru it. It may be worth a lot more than your 12 guage as a trade for another gun later down the road.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No choke tubes = no steel shot. It doesn't deform and will split the barrel below the choke. I'm not a duck or goose hunter so I'll hold my tongue about the other stuff. The SX2 is a great gun. I would look up a vent rib barrel and hang on to it. IMHO.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Love my sp10. I shoot an improved cylinder with steel 3s and it is deadly on close ducks. I have shot hevi shot #4s and it is absolutely awesome but too expensive to shoot all time. The down side is the weight.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast