Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Information on Humminbird Side Scan

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Information on Humminbird Side Scan

At the icast 2009 conference Humminbird representative Mark Gibson says Humminbird has improved the 2010 units. One thing he mentions is they will have faster processors to improve the performance of the 900 and 1100 series.

Contacted Hummingbird today was told the new units will become available in January 2010. Was going to order a 997 this week, may want to wait until new units are released. As I understand the GPS part of the units are no good. Mark Gibson indicated the faster processors in the 2010 units will improve the performance.

Just wondering if anyone else has any information on the new units and if you order one in January how do you know you are actualy getting the improved units?
    Last edited by Need 2 catch more; 07-22-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, but I sure hope some one here does as I was thinking about getting a Humminbird, tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talk to Canepole...

Tom has some pretty good knowledge on these units and has posted some stuff relative to HB connections.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year, I challenged anyone from Humminbird to come show me the gps works on slow trolling, etc.

The offer was:

Free room and board. Free beer. Free guided fishing trip. No takers. The offer is still good.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Bottom Line side finder for many years and thought it was great but this new one I'm afraid I'm going to have to break down and get one in January.. It's a real plus to have side finder.. Won;t have the fishing Buddy though. Junk-e....

Post Thanks / Like

I would wait as long as you can to get one because of Lowrance. Their unit has more features and thats going to make hummingbird step it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shucks Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Last year, I challenged anyone from Humminbird to come show me the gps works on slow trolling, etc.

The offer was:

Free room and board. Free beer. Free guided fishing trip. No takers. The offer is still good.
    I know I got a HB shirt around here someplace....

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.