Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: i just caught a 5lb crappie!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default i just caught a 5lb crappie!!!

Ok, not really, sorry, but i bet i got your attention.
    Heres what im after, just suposing, while out fishing, i hook into a monster crappie, an obvious record setting fish, what should a person do?
    Other than the obvious change your underwear at the first chance, what should a person do, to get the full effect of a fish of world/state class fish?
    Seeing as how im not a memember of IFGA, would i be able to apply for a record? is that the sorta thing you gotta be a memeber of prior to catching a record, or can you apply for it, with fish in hand? My first instinct would be to call DNR(happen to know them fairly well), but would that have any affect on registering a fish for a world record?
    What happens if the fish dies? say that bohemeth swallows the hook clear to its tail, would it still count for any type of record, state or otherwise.

Just curious if theres any sort of strategy envolved with this. Id say my chances of hooking a record fish, state or otherwise, are right up there with the lottery. But maybe the person who sets the next world record will read this, and after changing there underwear, will know exactly what to do because of this thread.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

be very carefull with it. take it home & do this

untitled1
    :D:D:D:D

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly, this is what the IGFA requires. Almost need a lawyer at your side. An interesting read none the less. After reading it I think I agree with PW. Weigh it, take plenty of pictures of it showing scales and ruler and then dispose of it gracefully and gratefully by releasing it back into it's habitat and have a replica made, or into hot grease.

http://www.igfa.org/BookRule2004.pdf

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and while we're dreaming, what if I hit the lottery and didn't care what size crappie I catch because now I'd have all my time to fish? You're gonna dream, dream big.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INGrandad View Post
    Yeah, and while we're dreaming, what if I hit the lottery and didn't care what size crappie I catch because now I'd have all my time to fish? You're gonna dream, dream big.
    I'd rather win the lottery. Then I could buy my own home on a lake and stock it myself to fish whenever I want to. That is a slab brother!:D:D:D:D
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    I'd rather win the lottery. Then I could buy my own home on a lake and stock it myself to fish whenever I want to. That is a slab brother!:D:D:D:D

The money spent on lottery would be better spent on buying your jigs Ship
    that way would have something to show for it:D
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob # 1 View Post
    The money spent on lottery would be better spent on buying your jigs Ship
    that way would have something to show for it:D
    Not just yet!! Those lottery tickets are still paying for my daughter's college. It's called the Hope Grant (here in Georgia)! Keep buying those tickets boys!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.