Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournament, Little Bear Creek

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament, Little Bear Creek

SACA first paying tournament will be held Saturday, October 8th on Little Bear Creek of the BCDA lakes out of Macafee boat launch at the end of Cotton Gin Road off HWY 24 headed to Red Bay. The Tournament starts at 6:30am and ends at 3:00pm. You must be in the weigh in line by 4:00pm. I will start taking entry fees at 5:30am at the boat ramp. The entry fee is $30 and you must be a yearly member($35). We encourage everyone to come join us at our first of 5 tournaments for the year.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Are we launching at macafee or Elliot the sheet I have shows elliot and I told the elliot camp store so she could order extra minnows. I was there thursday and every body was out of minnows. let me know and I'll call her back and make a call to cjs so he can order some extra.

Post Thanks / Like

Default water level?

Just curious, how much if any has the water went down at Little Bear
    since I was last there, 'bout 2 1/2 wks. ago? I know some of ya'll have
    been, and probably got 'em all assigned names and trained to jump on
    your hook Saturday :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey David, how bout a one time entry minus the yearly membership. I know of some tournaments where they will let you fish one tournament out of the schedule without paying membership dues. This works well for those who might only be able to manage one of the dates. It allows them to participate once if they can. If they decide to fish another one then they must pay the membership dues. Some people might want to travel there on a one time occasion to fish. I understand if it's not possible, just thought it might help other people have a better opportunity and each tournament might have a couple extra folks. I wont get to go anyway because I work on weekends.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have an OPEN tournament, which is open to everyone. That is our one tournament each year that we try to get as many people as possible to enter. It is in march on Wheeler lake out of first creek/Joe Wheeler. nAs of right now, our bylaws say you must be a member. WIll bring it up at the next meeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey David an open tournament is what I was talking about. Good to see you have one. Is first creek anywhere close to the river bridge in Decatur. I wish I could find a tournament that is held during the week. I would love to fish one just for fun. I know I wouldnt win, but I'd have fun trying.

Post Thanks / Like

we need some local crappie tournaments out of the boat harbor. it'd be nice if there were 15-20 boats throwing in 10-20 dollars a piece with winner take all or pay two places.

Post Thanks / Like

where is the boat harbor?

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff. the water is down just a little, not much at all. Got a really good report this week. Lots of fish being caught. But, this cold front will hit them in the head. This shoul dkeep everyone fishing in the game. Remember, we pay out for 1st, 2nd, and lunker. One bite can win you money.

Try to call me tonight(thursday) if you can. I plan to pre-fish Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    Jeff. the water is down just a little, not much at all. Got a really good report this week. Lots of fish being caught. But, this cold front will hit them in the head. This shoul dkeep everyone fishing in the game. Remember, we pay out for 1st, 2nd, and lunker. One bite can win you money.

Try to call me tonight(thursday) if you can. I plan to pre-fish Friday.
    how did ya'll's tournament turn out?