Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which rod??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which rod??

I have 2 custom gloomis 6ft spinning rods for casting or floating jigs and a 12ft. floating fly rod that I use for "probing the bushes at kentucky lake". I'm gonna try trolling next spring and wondered what kinda rods everyone used?

Grizzly jig company sells some telescopic rods with eyes and real seats for $12 each. Thought I might use it to float a minner around treetops in the river when I take my kayak. It will be much easier to store than a standard 2pc.
    "Living a dream, one sick day at a time!"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use B-n-M or Ugly Stick rods myself. B-n-M is very sensitive. Ugly STicks are very durable.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I started trolling this past year and i too talked to a lot of guys on which rods to use.I think i made a good decision in purching BNM trolling rods being new too trolling i found myself trolling a little to shallow and hanging on stumps and with the winds blowing like crazy in the spring them rods held up very well had them bent double and didn't have a single one break.Also if you need rod holders i would suggest Hi Tek they will hold your rods in place and you wont loose one while your trying to get the others un hung Scott makes a very good rod holder give him a call his c.c name is call shy.with the BNM and HI Tek you wont go wrong with customer service both company's are great in customer satisfaction.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use B'n'M rods and Driftmaster rod holders.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant speak for the rods, but the holders I like best are the hi-tek. Good product, good price, and good service from the others experience out here. I've taken my time and looked at most all of them, Hi-tek hands down.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around