Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing

OK, I know there have been threads about this before - but I need help.

I've read everything I can find about night fishing, watched videos, and talked with other fishermen, but I can't seem to make it work. I've been out twice this year and haven't boated a single crappie. Last night I went out and fished spots that have produced good crappie in the daytime, but zip.

I have two green tube lights that I submerge, a couple of painter lights to illuminate the floats, try different depths and different rigs, nothing has worked.

Any ideas?
    I'm just an ornery sinner saved by Grace:o

Post Thanks / Like

Are you moving spots all night? I almost never move from where I start and you sometime have to be very patient for them to show up.

Would need more info to help much more. Also have you read the articles on this site, like Rango's Night Stalking?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I had been catching fish at night in 30 foot of water at 7 to 15 foot deep for the past 3 months the last 3 times i went the bite was not there, Now i know the fish move thru at some point and time but just hasn,t been when i was there. So now i am going to another spot that i,ve sunk structure i,m pretty sure they,ll be there it,s 40 foot deep on a point right beside the chanel. Last year we caught fish into august. we,re going early in the morning to see then might start fishing this spot at night.

Post Thanks / Like

No, we stayed in one spot several hours. Then we moved to another spot where I know there is a brush pile and I've caught a lot of fish in the day time. The same thing happened. we stayed there for several hours also then tried one more spot. By that time it was 4 in the morning and we decided to pack it in.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tied up over brush piles and I have tied up on the bank of a creek and one time even across a creek and had done well at all of these. Not ever time out, but all have done very well at times.

The best spot I fish without doing anything other than tying up to fish was a creek that was 35' or more and I tied up on the bank of that creek where it was like 28'-30' and each time I fished that spot worked well. Never put any brush in or anything. It does still have standing timber on the bank I tied up to.

I like to get tied up before dark and if things are good I will fish until 1AM or maybe 2AM.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Pastor,

Ive been night fishing twice in the past week and done real well. Been using one green submersible and 4 above-water light on my jon boat. Ive been fishing the Cave but have had some excellent size and # for this time of year. I've been tightlining in deeper water, no brush, just structure w/ river channel close, in about 30 ft. Been catching them 5-20 ft down, caught around 50 wednesday and 80+ more Friday evening. I've got a better report and pics on the Kentucky board. Hope this helps since u are kinda in my neck of the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys every bit of info helps. I just can't quite figure it out.