Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake

Looking to go to Reelfoot in April was booked at Blue Bank last year but had to back out. Open heart surgery end of January. Not reccomended, it is like Willie said if I had known I was going live this long I would have taken Better care of my body. I am doing better now and taking care of this old body. Plan to go again April 05 with one of my brothers. Any info would be appreciated.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

I missed my trip to reelfoot this year but the previous years I did very well..Reelfoot can get very windy real fast. Crappie fishing is fabulous..Any of the resorts are good.

Good luck fishing....

DAVE M Guest

Default Reelfoot

Quote Originally Posted by ribit
    Looking to go to Reelfoot in April was booked at Blue Bank last year but had to back out. Open heart surgery end of January. Not reccomended, it is like Willie said if I had known I was going live this long I would have taken Better care of my body. I am doing better now and taking care of this old body. Plan to go again April 05 with one of my brothers. Any info would be appreciated.
    Are you getting a guide or taking your own boat. Reelfoot is very shallow in many parts and you can quickly find yourself stuck or even worse, lost in the Cypress trees. If you are taking your boat there are many places to put in and plenty of resorts and state parks to stay in, plenty to eat too ... OH, btw, fiberglass boats should not be used on this lake, to many cypress knees and fallen trees that can be very unkind to these boats. Slow boating and caution is recommended to those who have not been on this lake much. I would advice GPS for the upper blue, snaggy and buck basins if you don't know the lake, a map can be gotten that has GPS cords. on it.

April is prime crappie time on the lake, creel limit is 30 per person per day no size limit, there is also a smaller lake called Lake Isom just south of Reelfoot a few miles which has good fishing too.

Hope this helps, I'm NO expert on this lake but I do get there quite a bit I'm only about 40 miles from it.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reefoot

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE M
    Are you getting a guide or taking your own boat. Reelfoot is very shallow in many parts and you can quickly find yourself stuck or even worse, lost in the Cypress trees. If you are taking your boat there are many places to put in and plenty of resorts and state parks to stay in, plenty to eat too ... OH, btw, fiberglass boats should not be used on this lake, to many cypress knees and fallen trees that can be very unkind to these boats. Slow boating and caution is recommended to those who have not been on this lake much. I would advice GPS for the upper blue, snaggy and buck basins if you don't know the lake, a map can be gotten that has GPS cords. on it.

April is prime crappie time on the lake, creel limit is 30 per person per day no size limit, there is also a smaller lake called Lake Isom just south of Reelfoot a few miles which has good fishing too.

Hope this helps, I'm NO expert on this lake but I do get there quite a bit I'm only about 40 miles from it.

Dave
    We will most likely stay a Blue Bank rent a boat no guilde. I have a GPS and a FHS map of Reelfoot. One of my sons and I fished the upper blue basin about three years ago he kept me from getting lost. A cold front came through just before we got there and the crappie took the lock jaw. WE caught a lot of gills and few cats had a great time. 40 miles I would be spend a lot of time there. Reelfoot is a great place. I live in Joelton, Tn. mostly fish Percy Priest, Old Hickory and Barkely. I am no expert but a blind hog will find a acorn every now and then.

Thanks
    Today is a great day